Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 21, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Thanks, I’ll take a look. Do you think a blanket is too optimistic for a beginner?
No a blanket is good for a beginner as it is a regular shape but still a good opportunity to try out some different stitches.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
You all seem to be very clever. Is it easy to crochet? I would love to try but I haven’t got a clue. I can’t knit either!
I learned the basics as a child, taught by my left handed mother. But I had not crocheted for forty years until I decided to pick it up again two or three years ago.

All I could remember was how to move the crochet hook and chain stitch. I found a lady on a crafting website that did lessons so I booked a couple of one hour slot and she retaught me the basic stitches. Anything else new, I have looked up in books, online and watched the odd YouTube tutorial.

Here are a couple of my dragons that I was made earlier this year. I really enjoyed doing these.

Old 25 Sep 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MilliesFairy
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have decided to have a Halloween tree this year (no idea what gave me that idea). Anyway I was struggling to find many tree ornaments so I am crocheting some.

The first thing I thought of making was pumpkin baubles but I couldn’t find a good pattern! The first pattern I tried must have been written wrong.

So far I have two mediocre pumpkins (different patterns), a witch, a ghost, Frankenstein, I am currently working on a bat and I am planning a black cat - working in black wool is hard! I will add a photo later, currently in the hairdressers.
I just looked at the Bella Coco videos that were recommended and saw she had a pumpkin video if you were still wanting to make more.
MilliesFairy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I learned the basics as a child, taught by my left handed mother. But I had not crocheted for forty years until I decided to pick it up again two or three years ago.

All I could remember was how to move the crochet hook and chain stitch. I found a lady on a crafting website that did lessons so I booked a couple of one hour slot and she retaught me the basic stitches. Anything else new, I have looked up in books, online and watched the odd YouTube tutorial.

Here are a couple of my dragons that I was made earlier this year. I really enjoyed doing these.

I cannot knit or crochet at all, but i love knitted soft toys. When my DD was very poorly years ago and all she could do was to watch a very old dvd, and wanted a soft toy of character which we couldnt get hold of, her consultant’s secretary kindly knitted one for her, he is very well loved and 10 years later still has a place on her bed!
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Just finished the scarf I showed in my first post.

Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MilliesFairy View Post
I just looked at the Bella Coco videos that were recommended and saw she had a pumpkin video if you were still wanting to make more.
I am going to give one of these a go today, or at least use her technique for shaping the pumpkin, it looks more straightforward than the pattern I had been using.
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have decided to have a Halloween tree this year (no idea what gave me that idea). Anyway I was struggling to find many tree ornaments so I am crocheting some.

The first thing I thought of making was pumpkin baubles but I couldn’t find a good pattern! The first pattern I tried must have been written wrong.

So far I have two mediocre pumpkins (different patterns), a witch, a ghost, Frankenstein, I am currently working on a bat and I am planning a black cat - working in black wool is hard! I will add a photo later, currently in the hairdressers.
I put my Halloween tree up earlier, complete with my crochet decorations and tree skirt.

Old 21 Oct 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I’m a cross stitcher.

Started on Christmas cards.

Finished this dog (terrier ?) last year

ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ivevnothing at=the minute but hoping to pick up some wool patterns etc from my favourite wool shop near the villa
I did my first ever crochet project when we were at CP last week a hat for GD from an Aldi kit she’s worn it since I finished it but at 18 months and knows her style she’s easy to please
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Eric’s mum that terrier is absolutely beautiful
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List