Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mrs T and myself loved it when the last of our sons left. The peace and quiet is wonderful plus we can go away without the fear of what we might find when we return.

Eldest did return for five weeks but we soon helped him find a place to stay.

Horrible parents we are!
Old 15 Oct 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Very exciting for her. Our eldest son (22)moved out 4 weeks ago, him and his GF have purchased their first house. Younger son (20) is in Crete with his GF this week so it’s been very quiet and a taste of things to come. We have loved it though😍

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I was the last of my mum’s children to leave.

My mum went from living with her parents & 6 brothers and sisters, to living with her husband and two children. She then got divorced and raised the two alone and then had me…

She had never lived alone until I left and I did feel bad leaving her alone, I still do a bit and I talk to her nearly every day. My mum on the other hand says she loves living on her own and she wouldn’t have any of us back and she means it!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Thank you for all the messages. A very busy day and they are now moved in shattered and t have just ordered a takeaway.
Hubby always comes to the rescue and had to help with putting up the bed when one of the supports had snapped.
Some of us have work tomorrow 😴
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Thank you for all the messages. A very busy day and they are now moved in shattered and t have just ordered a takeaway.
Hubby always comes to the rescue and had to help with putting up the bed when one of the supports had snapped.
Some of us have work tomorrow 😴
Well done - hope you get some much deserved rest tonight and your DD enjoys her first night in her new home x
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Empty nest syndrome, that's what grandchildren are for. Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can before the next generation comes along.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

I've been a single mum for the last 12 years and my youngest moved out this summer. Atm I'm still enjoying the peace and quiet and have made a list of all the jobs I fully intend to start and have been putting off for ages. I love my girls but I'm really enjoying the luxury of time to do things at my pace and not because I have to... ask me again in a year or two and there may be a different answer!
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Empty nest syndrome, that's what grandchildren are for. Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can before the next generation comes along.
We have 8 grandchildren but they don’t really get to stay that often as we are both in full time work and shifts.
Hoping to reduce hours but working in retail makes it difficult at times .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I still have DD who is 27 at home. With no partner or close friend there is no way she can afford to rent or buy around here despite having a decent deposit.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I still have DD who is 27 at home. With no partner or close friend there is no way she can afford to rent or buy around here despite having a decent deposit.
It’s very difficult for young people and in some of those expensive areas I really don’t know how they can. Rent around here is reasonable compared to some areas.