Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

USA Homelands Security Agents Are Not Asking About 3-5 Day Tests For Under 18's

I know this is going to be asked again and again, so to make it easier for everyone.

From live reports from UK Tourists from November 8 and November 9, families are not being asked about the 3 - 5 day tests for under 18's.

All the information is being collected and checked by the airlines.

Parents / guardians sign the attestation form on behalf of under 18's and it is given digitally or by a printed form or both to the airline.

When families are going through the security and immigration checks, USA Homelands Security Agents are doing the same checks they did before Covid, checking that the airline collected the correct documents, ESTA and attestation form, checking passports, asking you questions about your trip, the fingerprint and eye scan etc etc.

It is the responsibility of the parents / guardians of the under 18's to do the 3- 5 day test once in USA.

There is no information about what type of tests need to be done or whether the tests need to be supervised.

There is no information about who to report the results of the tests to or if you need to show proof that the tests have been done.

There is no information about if anyone in USA will check if the tests have been done.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thank for this.
We are due to travel 16 th dec to LA/ Disney and Vegas over Christmas. First time on the west coast and I am a bit overwhelmed, so this is helpful.
My parents have dropped out of the trip so it’s just my 14 yr old and me and I keep dithering over whether to cancel.
Reading all info I can now US is open again to try and calm down- knowledge is power!
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We don’t go to Seattle until June with our 13year old so anything can change between now & then.
I’ll be following closely. Thanks for posting.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We fly very soon to LA & Vegas and again in Feb , both trips we will take a test with us ..

I think the danger with people saying it’s not checked is some will see it as a reason not to do the tests, even though you’ve agreed to do them on the attestation forms you sign.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List