Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DrGrant View Post
Just a quick update from our trip, it’s been nice to be back at the parks! Although last week was quite busy hoping it’s quite this week, little one did lateral flow test, all good still haven’t been contacted.
There is no national track and trace system in America, so who did you think would be contacting you?
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
There is no national track and trace system in America, so who did you think would be contacting you?
Probably a response from people’s questions , will we be contacted to make sure test has been done etc. I’m planning on taking my own in April and I do worry that I will be asked for evidence of results whether that be leaving the country or whilst there, hadn’t really thought of who it would be that contacted us. Leaving the country - my thoughts are they won’t be bothered as basically you are going so not their problem any more 😂
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Probably a response from people’s questions , will we be contacted to make sure test has been done etc. I’m planning on taking my own in April and I do worry that I will be asked for evidence of results whether that be leaving the country or whilst there, hadn’t really thought of who it would be that contacted us. Leaving the country - my thoughts are they won’t be bothered as basically you are going so not their problem any more 😂
People are just over thinking and assuming that because we have track and trace in Europe and UK that America is the same. It is not.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

People are just over thinking and assuming that because we have track and trace in Europe and UK that America is the same. It is not.
I’m totally overthinking it. I didn’t want to go when I found out about the testing as I thought we would have to go to a clinic etc. Much happier now I can just swab him in hotel room,If it’s even asked for still in April!
I’m now thinking no question will be asked at all about these tests!
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I’m totally overthinking it. I didn’t want to go when I found out about the testing as I thought we would have to go to a clinic etc. Much happier now I can just swab him in hotel room,If it’s even asked for still in April!
I’m now thinking no question will be asked at all about these tests!
No questions will be asked and no one will be contacting you. You know all the Covid tracker Aps we have in various countries, which are national and were developed by our Governments? Well in America they don't as it would not be legal in all states. The entry requirements for USA are set by the Federal Government, who have jurisdiction over the airports. Thats why they can require Covid tests before arrival. But once in America it is state law. ie local laws.

There is no infrastructure to track all the under 18's arriving into every airport in every state and to make sure they are being tested 3 to 5 days after arrival.

Remember, its not just MCO airport in Florida that European families are landing at. All the international airports in all 50 states, from JFK and Boston, LAX, New Orleans, Chicago, to all the airports that are not high profile like Philadelphia, Kansas, Dallas, Denver and the hundreds more.

And its not just Europeans who are allowed back in USA. Families from Brazil, China, India, Iran, South Africa, Mexico and Canada are all allowed back and have to sign the same attestation form about the 3 to 5 day testing for under 18's.

The Federal Government of America does not have the infrastructure or the legal jurisdiction to track and trace their own citizens on a national basis, so there is no way they will track and trace all the international under 18's 3 to 5 days after arrival.
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

No questions will be asked and no one will be contacting you. You know all the Covid tracker Aps we have in various countries, which are national and were developed by our Governments? Well in America they don't as it would not be legal in all states. The entry requirements for USA are set by the Federal Government, who have jurisdiction over the airports. Thats why they can require Covid tests before arrival. But once in America it is state law. ie local laws.

There is no infrastructure to track all the under 18's arriving into every airport in every state and to make sure they are being tested 3 to 5 days after arrival.

Remember, its not just MCO airport in Florida that European families are landing at. All the international airports in all 50 states, from JFK and Boston, LAX, New Orleans, Chicago, to all the airports that are not high profile like Philadelphia, Kansas, Dallas, Denver and the hundreds more.

And its not just Europeans who are allowed back in USA. Families from Brazil, China, India, Iran, South Africa, Mexico and Canada are all allowed back and have to sign the same attestation form about the 3 to 5 day testing for under 18's.

The Federal Government of America does not have the infrastructure or the legal jurisdiction to track and trace their own citizens on a national basis, so there is no way they will track and trace all the international under 18's 3 to 5 days after arrival.
Thanks. That makes sense. I’m feeling much happier about our trip. I had myself all worked up about those tests. Thanks
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sandslash
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by SmurfDestroyer7 View Post
Morning everyone from Orlando!

The flight was...okay standard really felt long but think that's more to do with it being a while since it's been done, was a great atmosphere and all the crew wanted to chat to everyone as for a few of them it was their first flight back.

Food was not the best, so if you're not a fan of chicken pasta or veg curry make sure you have supplies, we travelled on the economy delight seats and thought they were worth the little upgrade for the extra legroom seats, the planes could do with some TLC.

As for facemaks my experience was they will give you a bit of grace if you've got a drink/ food but they will tell you to put it on properly if you're just sat without it on, there were a few people who had to be told a couple of times but everyone complied, they were lenient with children but there was someone who said they were exempt and they had to go through some additional medical checks before they could board (I think this was just to check Dr's note).

Immigration at MCO was the best I've ever seen it, from the fasten seatbelt sign going off to getting cases was around 30 mins!

Went for food at golden corral and were treated amazingly as "it's been so long since you brits were here"

Ended the night watching the space x launch from our hotel room which was amazing
Glad to hear your great report. Very encouraging for us all back home! What was acceptable Proof of your vaccination status? The NHS app being shown to someone? Or something more?
sandslash is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandslash View Post
Glad to hear your great report. Very encouraging for us all back home! What was acceptable Proof of your vaccination status? The NHS app being shown to someone? Or something more?
Vaccine status information is collected by the airline before you get on the plane. Depending on the airline you upload your information to the airline website or to an App.

The immigration agents are not checking and don't need or want to see the vaccine information. They are just doing the normal checks of passport, finger print scan, eye scan, questions about your trip etc.
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Just further to this, which is all correct.
During covid those that entered the US but had to quarantine under the rule were never chased or tracked to ensure they did. They had no quarantine hotels or anything like that. Most of the officers probably are unaware of the 3-5 day test let alone care about it.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I flew in yesterday on the first flight into Tampa. We were club world, so were quickly through. It was just our flight at immigration. News crew were there and it was a party atmosphere once you’d got your bags and went through the doors. The goody bag was rubbish though 😂.

With regards to forms, paperwork and all that. My wife and I are fully vaccinated and we had our 4 month old who had no requirements. I used VeriFLY to upload the vaccination and test certificates (Boots rapid antigen) and completed VeriFLYs 2 question attestation forms. I showed the green ticks to ground staff before entering the check in queues and didn’t show them again or provide any paperwork to anyone. I didn’t have a printed out attestation form or was offered one at check in. Nothing was asked for at US immigration.

All as expected apart from they didn’t even ask for the customs declaration at any point. The immigration officer just asked if I had any food or more than $10k on me and that was it. I’m a regular traveller to the US, and that was a (pleasant) first.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List