Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Nov 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

That's very annoying to put it mildly. It's not just the poor service but the wasted time waiting around.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Thanks for the heads up. We're picking up from MCO in August and dropping with Avis HRH. But 4 days later we'll need a car to go to Tampa airport! I'll make sure they have my booking and collect early, if the car's no good, we'll go to MCO for a swap.

We hired from Avis at Miami airport in 2019. Although we had Avis preferred and skip the desk, it took ages, the staff were so slow and not happy campers!

We had a problem with a door so swapped the car at MCO, that was quick and easy to be fair.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Hope we don't see more stories like this but I think it could be an issue, especially with so many booking to collect off airport. Hopefully you can swap.
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ianmstewart
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Hope we don't see more stories like this but I think it could be an issue, especially with so many booking to collect off airport. Hopefully you can swap.
I suspect we will see a few more. I'm in this boat with a pickup from Cabana Bay in December on the 'cheap' deal. To be honest though I'll suck up a couple of days of hassle to save £1k.

Thanks to the original poster for flagging it, as at least the rest of us can go in with lowish expectations.
ianmstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the heads up OP, we've booked a much cheaper deal picking up/dropping off from cabana and I'll set my expectations that it might not be a smooth experience! I've never used Avis so I'm hoping that they're a good provider.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Annoying experience but i would definitely take a trip to the airport and get it swapped. I’ve done it multiple times over the years with different companies.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Friends arrived last night from Dublin
Hertz at MCO wanted $500 as the car they booked was not available only upgrades they said
After a bit of argument they got a car but lower class that's they booked
It's been swapped to right class this morning at the airport after an other discussion
So it's not just off airport issues
It's going to be intresting to see how all this unfolds
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Hertz at MCO wanted $500 as the car they booked was not available only upgrades they said
It's been swapped to right class this morning at the airport after an other discussion
I still don't understand how they can offer you a downgrade, if you have paid for a class and they don't have it, that is their problem, therefore they need to upgrade you.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They argued that for over an hour eventually they were offered the much smaller car which at first they were told wasn't available either
What they have got now has 30,000 miles on the clock and needs a dam good Hoover
Etc but they took it because like us they have thingx in the villa they need to sort and multiple trips to Lowes for stuff
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
This is my worry. We have got a H4 class( Range Rover Evoque) booked through Costco. It was a good price, I thought it might be glitch, and it is niggling at me that they will send us off with a lower spec car.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List