Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Nov 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Yes, booked the large car via Irish AE. Like you say, there’s no rules against it so should be ok but it is slightly concerning isn’t it?! We don’t go til August so plenty of time to see how it works out for others that have done the same. When do you go?
Mid July therefore not long before you. I’m still tempted to phone Budget and AutoEurope and try and figure out a work around. Used to be a good workaround for Alamo on here years ago where if you’d booked through a 3rd party you could open up your confirmation on one page then log in to Alamo using Bing and it would allow you to complete their skip the counter………….tried that last week for autoeurope/budget and failed miserably.
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Norris1969 View Post
Mid July therefore not long before you. I’m still tempted to phone Budget and AutoEurope and try and figure out a work around. Used to be a good workaround for Alamo on here years ago where if you’d booked through a 3rd party you could open up your confirmation on one page then log in to Alamo using Bing and it would allow you to complete their skip the counter………….tried that last week for autoeurope/budget and failed miserably.
Yes, remember that trick. 🤣
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Norris1969 View Post
Ideal, let us know how you get on. We are flying in to Tampa but back from Miami, doing a bit of travelling outside of the Orlando park part of the trip and those airport options were the most convenient/better prices for us.
Picked up Ford Escape at Budget's North Miami Beach depot. Selected this branch because of good reviews. Airport branch reviews were terrible in comparison.

I and out in 15 minutes. No hard sell. Car has 47K miles on clock - by far the highest mileage car I've rented. That said, it looks OK and drives well.

Only criticism is that, whilst the car was cleaned outside and hoovered whilst we waited it was not properly sanitised. 5 minutes with the sanitiser wipes sorted that.

FIRST time with Budget and I'm reasonably happy.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by amf View Post
Picked up Ford Escape at Budget's North Miami Beach depot. Selected this branch because of good reviews. Airport branch reviews were terrible in comparison.

I and out in 15 minutes. No hard sell. Car has 47K miles on clock - by far the highest mileage car I've rented. That said, it looks OK and drives well.

Only criticism is that, whilst the car was cleaned outside and hoovered whilst we waited it was not properly sanitised. 5 minutes with the sanitiser wipes sorted that.

FIRST time with Budget and I'm reasonably happy.
Did you hire through AutoEurope Ireland?
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Did you hire through AutoEurope Ireland?
Nope, with Andy (Discount Florida Car Hire).
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

I'm booked for February, also with AutoEurope.ie for a full size four door.
Tried the on-line check in and had a problem with country of residence.
Hoping that some wizard is going to come up with a work around. I don't really enjoy the "hard sell" after a transatlantic flight.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Picked up a minivan from Tampa on Monday. Got a Toyota Sienna. New York plate with 17k on the clock. The whole level was filled with a car in every space. Definitely no shortage at Tampa!
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Picked up a minivan from Tampa on Monday. Got a Toyota Sienna. New York plate with 17k on the clock. The whole level was filled with a car in every space. Definitely no shortage at Tampa!
Which rental company was this? Only last week Budget/Avis ran out of vehicles at Tampa airport... I think they had them stored off site and they had to bring them across but not great for waiting customers

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
With Budget?…….did you manage to skip the counter or did you need to go to the Hire Desk (and if you did then what were the queues like and any hard sell?)?
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Which rental company was this? Only last week Budget/Avis ran out of vehicles at Tampa airport... I think they had them stored off site and they had to bring them across but not great for waiting customers
Budget/Avis.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List