Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 29 Nov 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Blue Badge

Hi Dibbers,
Luckily or unluckily my husband has just been awarded a blue badge ( after having 4 back surgeries & a few other medical problems)
Is the Blue Badge recognised in Orlando/Florida, or do you have to register anywhere to use disabled parking when you are there. Any information you may be able to give us, I would be most grateful. There is no rush as we are not due to go until next May ( should have been going today😢 but had to rearrange for the second time.
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DISney Freak
Excited about Disney

You would be OK in the parks but elsewhere you may be at risk of a ticket/tow unless you get a temporary "out of state" handicapped placard. You can get them at the relevant counties tax office for a $15 fee. You need to have the badge holder present with their passport and blue badge. They will issue a red placard you hang from your rear view mirror.
DISney Freak is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

According to this flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicle...rida-visitors/ our blue badges are accepted in Florida
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

My mother has a blue badge and we always pick up a red placard from our local tax office when we get there. It is a very simple systems takes about 5 - 10 mins and all they need is a copy of your blue badge and passport. You may even be able to do it on online now if you know where you are staying you can contact the local tax office.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

It is my understanding you can complete the application online.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by anstee33 View Post
Hi Dibbers,
Luckily or unluckily my husband has just been awarded a blue badge ( after having 4 back surgeries & a few other medical problems)
Is the Blue Badge recognised in Orlando/Florida, or do you have to register anywhere to use disabled parking when you are there. Any information you may be able to give us, I would be most grateful. There is no rush as we are not due to go until next May ( should have been going today😢 but had to rearrange for the second time.
Hi
There are a loads of previous threads on this topic.. this is one of the latest ones that may help you.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207770
Old 29 Nov 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Yes loads, I have read on here that it’s accepted in Florida but elsewhere in other States, you need the placard.😀
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We have just received our temporary disabled tag through the post. It was an easy process, completed the required form and then rang them and paid the required fee when requested to do so. You can only submit the form at 60days out from your arrival in Florida. Just hope we get to use it now 😭😭😭😭

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Probably a good idea to get a red tag as your blue badge might be in use at the airport car park on this side of the Atlantic.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
According to this flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicle...rida-visitors/ our blue badges are accepted in Florida
Technically our Blue Badges should be accepted, however because the international wheelchair symbol only appears as a hologram which is not easy to see they are often not accepted. Until the design of our blue badges are changed to include a printed symbol, to be sure it is much easier to get the temporary red placard.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List