Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 May 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

going against popular opinion here - we do deluxe and for us personally it's worth it. We did it last year. This year it has cost for the 2 of us an extra £19 each a day over the QSDP which is the free part as we are staying at POR. We are going for 21 nights and have 12 character breakfasts booked and 14 signatures for dinner. Going out for nice dinner for me and my daughter is something we really enjoy - we love to get dressed up and eat nice food. With the deluxe plan she is allowed to order from the adult menu - she doesn't like the kids food she prefers grown up food like steak and fish. We are also going to Mickeys BBQ, Hoop Dee Doo and Aloha shows. I have used our full allocation of credits with my ADRs. I guess it comes down to what you want to do and whether the food and signature eating is an important part of the holiday. If it's not then it wouldn't be worth it and it would be better in that case to get the free DDP.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
going against popular opinion here - we do deluxe and for us personally it's worth it. We did it last year. This year it has cost for the 2 of us an extra £19 each a day over the QSDP which is the free part as we are staying at POR. We are going for 21 nights and have 12 character breakfasts booked and 14 signatures for dinner. Going out for nice dinner for me and my daughter is something we really enjoy - we love to get dressed up and eat nice food. With the deluxe plan she is allowed to order from the adult menu - she doesn't like the kids food she prefers grown up food like steak and fish. We are also going to Mickeys BBQ, Hoop Dee Doo and Aloha shows. I have used our full allocation of credits with my ADRs. I guess it comes down to what you want to do and whether the food and signature eating is an important part of the holiday. If it's not then it wouldn't be worth it and it would be better in that case to get the free DDP.
yes if i could afford it i would also love it! Who wouldn't? ..As long as you dont feel you have to eat everything in sight,it would be great!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Sounds like you got a great deal Pez. It was going to be about £30/day each for us to upgrade from DDP, or £45/day from QSDP. That's 2018 prices though, which I hear have shot up a lot from this year's rates!

We definitely love the food side of our holidays, but are more Nando's than The Ritz type of people. So when I ran our numbers based on where we wanted to eat, it just didn't add up financially.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Sounds like you got a great deal Pez. It was going to be about £30/day each for us to upgrade from DDP, or £45/day from QSDP. That's 2018 prices though, which I hear have shot up a lot from this year's rates!

We definitely love the food side of our holidays, but are more Nando's than The Ritz type of people. So when I ran our numbers based on where we wanted to eat, it just didn't add up financially.
the reason the price is good is I paid one child one adult upgrade but kids can still eat from the adult menu. It would cost us loads more if we do it next year looking at the prices and next year she'd be classed as an adult... so taking full advantage this year!

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
yes if i could afford it i would also love it! Who wouldn't? ..As long as you dont feel you have to eat everything in sight,it would be great!
I wouldn't love it - it would be too much food for me. Plus there's the amount of time spent eating. Also apart from Oriental food my tastes are fairly simple - I've looked at menus of signature restaurants and none of them appeal to me.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Pez are you on DDP or DDDP just sounds a little strange when you say upgrading from QSDP
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think you may struggle our 24 month old did OK at eating at a few signatures but if we were doing them every day we wouldn't of had a chance of enjoying them as they do taker longer than your standard TS meal and he/we wouldn't have coped .
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Pez are you on DDP or DDDP just sounds a little strange when you say upgrading from QSDP
Deluxe dining plan. The QS but would have been free as staying at POR but I upgraded to deluxe not the standard.

Old 13 May 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We did it last year because we wanted to try the signatures for a change. The portion sizes are more manageable at signatures as well so it doesnt necessarily mean lots more food. You need to bear in mind that the tips will be a lot more at signatures though. Would we do it again? Yes, we would consider it again but not on every onsite visit as you are more restricted because you feel you should book a TS at lunchtime as well to get best value out of the Deluxe Dining Plan.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I certainly wouldn't. It's an obscene amount of food IMO. Also far too much time spent away from the parks and entertainment.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List