Notices

Old 26 Jul 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pixiedust1973 View Post
Yes we are the 9.20 flight too, rows 38-40, myself and husband, two grown up daughters (21,23) and there boyfriends.
Was disappointing having to move the holiday but fingers crossed things will settle down before May
Looking at the seating chart I think we are on the same side of the plane so we are 7 rows behind you! So excited to have found a flight buddy
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pixiedust1973
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Looking at the seating chart I think we are on the same side of the plane so we are 7 rows behind you! So excited to have found a flight buddy
Ah me too - i'm sure we will see each other with us been so close on the flight!
You must be so excited after not going since 2004, we were last there in 2019 and before that it was 2012.
We are going to be staying in a Universal hotel one night too -haven't decided which one yet, we did Hard Rock last time.
pixiedust1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pixiedust1973 View Post
Ah me too - i'm sure we will see each other with us been so close on the flight!
You must be so excited after not going since 2004, we were last there in 2019 and before that it was 2012.
We are going to be staying in a Universal hotel one night too -haven't decided which one yet, we did Hard Rock last time.
We have booked a night at Royal Pacific on the 16th just because it was the cheapest. Hard Rock does look amazing.

I know, it's weird this time because I am doing all the planning, back in 2004 I was 13 and loved it so it will be nice to see our kids enjoy it this time.

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Today we are 250 days until we hopefully fly.

I'll be honest I am not filled with confidence that we will get there although a lot can happen in 8 months. The way they are cancelling at the minute, I think we've got until until the end of March before realistically knowing if we are going or not.

Old 9 Sep 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

I'll be a flight buddy too! haha

We are booked on the same flight at the back somewhere, 2 adults and my two young daughters.
Old 9 Sep 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

To add they will be 6 and 8 so not mega young, when we booked they were going to be 4 and 6!

This is their first time abroad and i think you'll spot me on the plane I'll be the one crying in disbelief it's actually happening! Just checked were 40 and 41
Old 9 Sep 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
To add they will be 6 and 8 so not mega young, when we booked they were going to be 4 and 6!

This is their first time abroad and i think you'll spot me on the plane I'll be the one crying in disbelief it's actually happening! Just checked were 40 and 41
My son will be 9 it will be lovely to meet some dibbers.

Praying we make it. I've read rumours there's supposed to be an announcement this week from Joe Biden but it probably isn't what we are all hoping for.

I was looking through payments to be made earlier and we've just got the remainder of the balance to the TA and the balance on Discovery Cove to pay.

On with spending money saving now.

If we have to move the trip, we've said maybe Jan/Feb 2023 as September 2022 prices are astronomical. At least if the prices have gone up we'll have another 6 months to save for the extra. I can't see how they can keep the borders closed for 2 years!

Old 9 Sep 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

I am so positive we will be allowed in in May. Maybe wishful thinking but also like you say 2 years is unbelievable.

We have some balance to pay on our holiday about 2K then i need to book universal tickets and universal hotel also for the end of our stay but not seeing much of a rush with those.
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I found a really great website, not sure if anybody has used it, called Magical WDW and it's all park things that he imports and sells on. Just managed to get a magic band for £14.95. Received and linked to my MDE so all legit. Just hope I get to use it in May!

I was wondering if they are ever going to bring back the 180 day reservation window because if so we are closing into that point and I really want to reserve a slot at Droid Depot for Jenson.

Old 20 Sep 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Only just seen this Char, I am so so excited for your trip! Subscribed and following along now x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List