Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We also like both. I can never choose between the 2 as they both have things I love about them. Not much help! Good luck deciding 😊
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Thé pool at HRH has a slide, RPR has a splash/water cannons type area.
Also If you want a difference class of room they are slightly different. For example we have the hard rock booked for next year as we have a future Rock star suite booked. These are bigger and look better than the kids suites at RPR.
If you are after a standard room I’d pick RPR for the $100 saving.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I had the same dilemma on last summers’ cancelled backup trip. We have only stayed in HRH. We don’t like rowdy places, don’t think HRH is like that- it isn’t. We really liked the vibe around the pool and feeling in general about the place. So decided to pay more and stay there again but haven’t stayed in the other so could be missing out!
Old 15 Oct 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We have stayed in both and would happily stay in either. We usually go by price and RPR always tends to be cheaper.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Haven’t stayed at HRH but we loved RPR…I know this is controversial but I actually prefer it to Portofino! Loved the pool and the atmosphere and when I worked it out Club Level actually saved us money but we were only there for 2 nights and made the most of it (and the Club lounge is really lovely).
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

If you decide to walk instead of taking the boat then cutting through the hard rock car park gets you to the universal studios entrance in about 2 mins.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

We have done both and overall preferred RPR. We would stay in either again though depending on price. I think we just got unlucky with a catalogue of minor errors at HRH which has clouded my judgement a bit but that can happen anywhere and was nothing major.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Both fantastic. Choose the cheaper or the one you prefer the theme of.

(If you really want the best onsite hotel you should be looking at Portofino Bay)
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have stayed at both and I would say ther3 isn’t much between them
Both have their good points
We only stay for the fast passes
Have to say the best breakfast we have had was at RPR
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

We have stayed at both and as other people have said I would also go with the cost when deciding where to stay. On saying that, we prefer RPR. Even my teen daughters say that. We had a slight issue with rude housekeeping at HRH which is so unlike the US and I was really taken aback. This has put me slightly off HRH but if the price was right I would give it another go.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List