Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 24 Oct 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

ordinary joe - the new "this is us"?

ordinary joe

watched the first 3 episodes so far.

its a little cheesy, but i'm really digging it so far, its got the dude from "the crazy ones" (with robin williams and buffy around 2013) and the main lass from YOU (season 1 - elizabeth lail)

its about a guy and three timelines based on his choice on graduation day. im really enjoying it so far!

keep an eye out for the colour palette of the three timelines, its subtle, but makes things a lot easier to follow.

its on NBC in the US. i dont know of it being available in the UK as yet. feel free to prod me for VPN info or other ways to view the good new stuff!

anyway, keep an eye out, if you like "this is us", you'll LOVE THIS!

Edited at 12:18 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

as much as i love this show...

i wasnt expecting to like the kid as much as i do. given everything about his situation, i was thoroughly expecting him to just be really annoying. but he's one of the best parts of the show, no matter what timeline he's appearing in!

and i think this i why i like the show so much right now...

also, i hope blue timeline joe and amy really get it together, despite the congressman situation!

Edited at 12:31 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

episode 4...

im glad blue amy did the thing with the key. this is my current favourite timeline...

but also, blue congressman talking to joe... FSCK YOU!

...and the green timeline joe/kid bit is my favourite also... GO TO ATLANTA! ALL OF YOU! SORT IT OUT!

i still cant get enough of elizabeth lail. shes my new favourite actress...

Edited at 12:48 AM.
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

We’ve watched a few episodes but to be honest with loads of others coming out we’ve completely forgotten about it!

Certainly not the new This Is Us 🤣🤣

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just started on season 1 of this is us. I think I cry in every episode, it’s brilliant

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i started out strongly, but i'm starting to tire of it a bit already. will stick with it at least for now though, as its still a nice enough way to pass the time, but right now, i'm not even sure it will make it as far as season 2, ratings dont seem great...