Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
We are doing West Coast for the first time next August. With BA I’ve booked flights(for 4 adults) into SAN Francisco and out of SAN Diego, 2 nights Rui Plaza SF, 2 nights Intercontinental Monterey, 4 nights Manchester Hotel San Diego and 8 nights car hire for slightly over £5000. I’ve also independently booked 3x1 night in Pismo, Santa Barbara and Santa Monica, and 3 nights in Anaheim totalling around £800. So less than £6000 for 4 of us, as we normally stay onsite at WDW this is coming in considerably cheaper than Orlando would be for us this year. Obviously I’ll be paying for Disneyland tickets and other attraction stuff, but it’s still a reasonable price for us.
Did you have a look at the Madonna Inn at San Luis Obispo?
It’s around 5 miles from Pismo, is very odd and may greatly appeal. It is the strangest Hotel that I have ever visited and some of the themed rooms are astonishing.
The place could have been designed by Barbara Cartland whilst on a bad acid trip!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Did you have a look at the Madonna Inn at San Luis Obispo?
It’s around 5 miles from Pismo, is very odd and may greatly appeal. It is the strangest Hotel that I have ever visited and some of the themed rooms are astonishing.
The place could have been designed by Barbara Cartland whilst on a bad acid trip!
I have had a look, but because I’m always cutting cost corners, I think we’d need 2 rooms there. Although my kids are adults we still all bunk in together!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Like you, I am a cost cutter and like you, I was travelling in Aug of 2021 with two pretty much adults of 18 and 15.

This came in at £290 for the night, high season and August.

There are other rooms such as the San Francisco room and the China Flower room that came in at around £240. These have a very big double bed and 2 singles in the back room, separated by a constriction. It is all one room.
These rooms are not in the main buildings, rather a long, single storey row with door onto a pathway and parking spaces outside.
We have stayed in the China Flower room and really liked it. We also booked the San Francisco room, but regretably that was yet another Covid cancellation.

The San Francisco room… note that this view is from the front door. You can see the 2 x single beds in the distance as these are very generous rooms. Bathroom is away to the left, doorway from the inner room .

A general view of the somewhat restrained and ‘classy’ restaurant.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:18 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
i fancy visiting the sarah winchester house. supposed to be the most haunted mansion in america

mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Oh, it does look quite spectacular! I’ll have another peek.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List