Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Ending agreement with a cleaner

I really find situations like this uncomfortable and I'm unsure how to let my cleaner know I no longer require her services.

She works for a small company although on a self employed basis I believe. She's a very nice girl but not particularly great at cleaning, I've never minded too much as it was good enough and any help is welcome (which I know is silly really considering I'm paying).

She should've been here at 9 today, still waiting. I've got lots to be getting on with and we're going out at midday, now if she does turn up she'll either have to do less than the 3 hours she's meant to or I'll have to be late going out to meet our friends. We've just moved so she doesn't have a key yet and also the dogs are here.

She didn't come last week because she was unwell which is fine but there's always lots of last minute changes or cancellations. I really need someone more reliable.

I know I'm being more than reasonable to say this service isn't good enough but how do I word it. I'll let the company owner know rather than speak to her directly but I feel guilty about that as like I said she's a lovely person and is a single parent to a younger child.

Do I just say our circumstances have changed? Or do I give a reason?
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It sounds like she may have bitten of more than she can chew if she is a single parent and having to be time critical.

If it was me I would be economical with the truth and just cancel the contract with the company you have used and say you no longer need a cleaner.

That way she doesn't get any flak about a lost customer and also you are avoiding any upset or confrontation with her.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
londondisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Give the reasons as feedback is always useful , positive or negative. Also how will she improve without anyone saying what she could do better? I work in a respite and emergency care home so often had to give feedback on agency staff. Don't worry about it, staff do expect to get feedback.
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Thank you.

I messaged the company owner to see if everything was ok and she was on her way to be told she'd let me know the wrong time and won't be here until 12. I've said that's no good for me as we have visitors arriving at 1 and the owner has been a little rude in her reply.

I'm going to send her a message saying no need to come back then block her number so I don't have to read her response as I'm a massive wimp.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Thank you.

I messaged the company owner to see if everything was ok and she was on her way to be told she'd let me know the wrong time and won't be here until 12. I've said that's no good for me as we have visitors arriving at 1 and the owner has been a little rude in her reply.

I'm going to send her a message saying no need to come back then block her number so I don't have to read her response as I'm a massive wimp.
Who was it that was rude? The cleaner or the owner of the company? Not a great way to run a business. At least now you can cancel without feeling bad.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m a cleaner , always 5 mins early and wouldn’t dream of not turning up . I’m self employed but still ask if it’s convenient to take a holiday . However I get a good rate not minimum wage and I’m turning people down , good cleaners are hard to find seemingly but a poor one would be more annoying than doing it yourself !
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Definitely cancel and don’t feel bad. The owner doesn’t seem to care either so better off out of there😀
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Who was it that was rude? The cleaner or the owner of the company? Not a great way to run a business. At least now you can cancel without feeling bad.👍🏻
The owner, certainly helped reduce my guilt!