Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Oct 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Vegas hotels

We are hoping to stay at the Venetian next year but looking at the prices it seems like we could save £500-£600 staying at MGM Grand, Signature, Mirage, Mandalay Bay which would pay for any show tickets. What hotels would you recommend? We would like a good location on the strip as we wont have a car. We are staying Thanksgiving week so dont need a good pool etc as it will be too cold

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies

Edited at 11:00 AM.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We’ve stayed at the Venetian, the Signature and Mandalay Bay out of those. I too wouldn’t pay that much more for the Venetian (lovely though it is).

For a first trip I would want to be closer to the centre of the strip than MB personally.

The MGM Grand and the Signature are basically the same hotel. I loved the Signature when we travelled with our kids as we had a unit with separate sleeping areas. It feels a bit removed from the madness of the Strip (in a good way).

I haven’t stayed at the Mirage but of the hotels you’ve listed that would be my preferred location. Have visited many times for food and shows and general wandering around and I really like the vibe of it and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there.

When are you going? Definitely book a fully refundable rate and prices tend to be best three months out. Unless you’re there during a big event or convention in which case booking early is wise (still refundable though).

We have also stayed at Bally’s, Tuscany Suites and the Vdara over the years.

If money was no object I would be at the Cosmopolitan for sure

ETA just seen you’re staying over Thanksgiving, sorry I missed that! You’re way too early for good prices and DEFINITELY do not book anything you can’t cancel You’re right about the pools, most will be shut anyway (if not all).

Edited at 11:14 AM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agree with Karen on pretty much all of the points. Other than I don't personally like MGM, but it doesn't stop me recommending it for others. It's just not my vibe, along with most of the south strip. I am a mid/north strip person for sure.

Usually stayed at Vdara in recent years, as location is great and loved that it was smoke free. But was considering switching to Mirage since we always stayed in suites when in Vegas and you can get some great deals on their tower suites. Never got to it before a change in circumstances mean I don't really need to travel there now. But it's still on my list if I do go back, as I also like the vibe of the hotel.

Edited at 11:47 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Agree with Karen on pretty much all of the points. Other than I don't personally like MGM, but it doesn't stop me recommending it for others. It's just not my vibe, along with most of the south strip. I am a mid/north strip person for sure.

Usually stayed at Vdara in recent years, as location is great and loved that it was smoke free. But was considering switching to Mirage since we always stayed in suites when in Vegas and you can get some great deals on their tower suites. Never got to it before a change in circumstances mean I don't really need to travel there now. But it's still on my list if I do go back, as I also like the vibe of the hotel.
Good point

I should have been more clear about MGM vs Signature.

I really liked the Signature because you could leave and walk down East Harmon to get into the side entrance of the Planet Hollywood / Shopping Mall. I am not fond at all of the walk down the Strip south of that, on that side of the road, which you have to do if you use the front entrance of MGM. The other side of the road is better (we really thought they’d done a great job with Park MGM when we were last there in Nov 19).

So it’s a yes for the Signature from me rather than the MGM - agree the vibe isn’t so much me either. But then sometimes I prioritise price over vibe (eg Bally’s which is usually a complete bargain and is in one of the best spots on the Strip IMO)
Old 30 Oct 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We’ve stayed at the Venetian, the Signature and Mandalay Bay out of those. I too wouldn’t pay that much more for the Venetian (lovely though it is).

For a first trip I would want to be closer to the centre of the strip than MB personally.

The MGM Grand and the Signature are basically the same hotel. I loved the Signature when we travelled with our kids as we had a unit with separate sleeping areas. It feels a bit removed from the madness of the Strip (in a good way).

I haven’t stayed at the Mirage but of the hotels you’ve listed that would be my preferred location. Have visited many times for food and shows and general wandering around and I really like the vibe of it and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there.

When are you going? Definitely book a fully refundable rate and prices tend to be best three months out. Unless you’re there during a big event or convention in which case booking early is wise (still refundable though).

We have also stayed at Bally’s, Tuscany Suites and the Vdara over the years.

If money was no object I would be at the Cosmopolitan for sure

ETA just seen you’re staying over Thanksgiving, sorry I missed that! You’re way too early for good prices and DEFINITELY do not book anything you can’t cancel You’re right about the pools, most will be shut anyway (if not all).
Thank you so much for the detailed reply, im so lost with the west coast side of the trip, im planning high end hotels as its bretts 40th but he keeps saying if its hundreds more book the cheaper hotel i would rather we had more money for our time there! Ive had a little read online and i think Mirage is the best one for us as well the rates seem to be one night deposit but fully refundable upto 48 hours before- i kinda think i should be paying in advance as a package though as Nov 2022 is mid term elections so dollar rate might go silly and make pay on arrival a bad move. I agree with you anything i book i will make sure is refundable i will have a look at the others you suggested too thank you

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post

Mirage seems to be a good option for us, i will look at the Vdara too as we hate smoking as well (not looking forward to that and the weed smells but hey ho) thank you

2025- Seville

Old 30 Oct 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We stayed at the Cosmopolitan. We had a suite which looked onto the Bellagio fountains
I thought it was an amazing hotel!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
We are hoping to stay at the Venetian next year but looking at the prices it seems like we could save £500-£600 staying at MGM Grand, Signature, Mirage, Mandalay Bay which would pay for any show tickets. What hotels would you recommend? We would like a good location on the strip as we wont have a car. We are staying Thanksgiving week so dont need a good pool etc as it will be too cold
We stayed Excalibur 2 times and will again next March it’s ideal for me and my partner rooms are fine for us we prefer to pay a little less on the hotel and more on a meal. We all so use the Duce bus and mono rail we buy one get one free done this the lastb2 times.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
We stayed Excalibur 2 times and will again next March it’s ideal for me and my partner rooms are fine for us we prefer to pay a little less on the hotel and more on a meal. We all so use the Duce bus and mono rail we buy one get one free done this the lastb2 times.
Ill look at that too, i agree with what you are saying the saving between mirage and venetian for example would probably pay for the shows we want to do

2025- Seville

Old 30 Oct 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
We stayed at the Cosmopolitan. We had a suite which looked onto the Bellagio fountains
I thought it was an amazing hotel!
Thank you i will have a look into that one too

2025- Seville