Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Nov 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Freebird
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

My diesel claim

Has anyone claimed or currently claiming through this website?

I did have a diesel car which fits all the criteria as in model/make and year etc. I sold it a few months ago.

It appears that the fees they take are capped at 50% and its no win no fee so my thinking is that even if only come away with a couple of hundred pounds its still better than nothing?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has done this and whether you think its worth it.
Freebird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I hate these firms that jump on to class actions particularly when people have not experienced any loss, I am assuming you had no issue with your car until you thought you may be able to get a few quid for doing very little.

I have been approached by similar firms for two of my past cars and told them both where to go. These types of dodgy firms MAY get you a couple of hundred quid but the market will pay for this 100x over.

Edited at 10:45 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

What i dont get what is actually “lost”? I’m not affected but my friend probably is but idon’t get why the compensation?
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
What i dont get what is actually “lost”? I’m not affected but my friend probably is but idon’t get why the compensation?
What is lost now, I have no idea. What will be lost hundreds of thousands of pounds of lawyer fees.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
What is lost now, I have no idea. What will be lots hundreds of thousands of pounds of lawyer fees.
That’s sort of what I thought!
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I agree with the above

my 59 plate diesel A4 was in scope & had the s/ware update

traded it in a few years back & imo got a fair price yet i was contacted by these firms claiming i could get upto 10k compensation... for what ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My view is very simple

We have a well respected Car Manufacturer namely VW et al who made a decision to cheat and lie. They falsified data on emissions to hoodwink the World - and they got caught out.

So far they have paid over $34 Billion in fines and compensation with the majority going to the USA. However when it comes to 'soft touch' UK they are denying the claim and that even anything was untoward. But they got beaten in Court and now appeals will take place.

Personally as it was an environmental issue I would like to see a fine levied that would go to the UK Govt to invest in a sustainable environmental project such a Woodland etc. But that is not to be so any compensation will go to the individual concerned.

We cannot allow these Companies that think they can trample over Govt's and the Public to walk away Scot Free and if that means money goes to Ambulance Chaser Lawyers and people who owned said Cars then so be it.

Arrogance, Cheating, Lying, Protectionism and downright sharp practices need to be dealt with.

Doesn't effect me as I drive BMW but would I make a claim if I had an Audi etc? Yes.

By the way my Son has because it effected Mercedes as well and he used to own one.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am pretty sure you can make a claim against BMW now Tom, might be worth checking.

I had 3 claims I could have made against Audi but pulled out just before a cut off date.

My thoughts were it's unlikely but not impossible that the Car Manufacturer could win the case and then unlikely and not impossible that they could claim their legal fees from their complainants? ( ie me! )

I'm not sure whether that would be true but to be honest couldn't be bothered with any worry. I don't trust nwnf lawyers!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My view is very simple

We have a well respected Car Manufacturer namely VW et al who made a decision to cheat and lie. They falsified data on emissions to hoodwink the World - and they got caught out.

So far they have paid over $34 Billion in fines and compensation with the majority going to the USA. However when it comes to 'soft touch' UK they are denying the claim and that even anything was untoward. But they got beaten in Court and now appeals will take place.

Personally as it was an environmental issue I would like to see a fine levied that would go to the UK Govt to invest in a sustainable environmental project such a Woodland etc. But that is not to be so any compensation will go to the individual concerned.

We cannot allow these Companies that think they can trample over Govt's and the Public to walk away Scot Free and if that means money goes to Ambulance Chaser Lawyers and people who owned said Cars then so be it.

Arrogance, Cheating, Lying, Protectionism and downright sharp practices need to be dealt with.

Doesn't effect me as I drive BMW but would I make a claim if I had an Audi etc? Yes.

By the way my Son has because it effected Mercedes as well and he used to own one.

I agree with every word

If I am treated badly (lied to and cheated) then I would recourse to legal action if appropriate. In this case any damages awarded I would re-invest in the environment they damaged by their false claims. To keep as personal gain just would make me feel as morally as bad as the perpetrator - plaenlty of tree planting schemes around that would welcome the win£
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Has anyone claimed or currently claiming through this website?

I did have a diesel car which fits all the criteria as in model/make and year etc. I sold it a few months ago.

It appears that the fees they take are capped at 50% and its no win no fee so my thinking is that even if only come away with a couple of hundred pounds its still better than nothing?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has done this and whether you think its worth it.
What are you claiming for ?

You had a car that you were presumably happy with and now you’ve sold it on ?

So what have you lost? What do you need compensation for exactly ?
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List