Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Flying to Miami - would this work?

Hello,

We can only do 14 nights due to work and flight prices with BA seem to be good from man to miami in summer hols. Missed the boat booking to MCO.

Do you think this would work.

2 nights in miami
at the end of the second day hiring a car and travelling to orlando.
11 nights in orlando in an off site condo - 2 days in wdw (HWS and AK) and some universal visits. We'd probably need a couple of pool days thrown in.
travel back down to miami 1 night stay

Also, does anyone know what BA means by flexible ticket? I could do with staying with BA as I have a voucher.

The other option is to hang on in hopes flight prices to MCO will go down
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Personally, if I only had 2 weeks, I wouldn’t spend 2 nights in Miami at the start. I would fly to Miami, drive up the coast & stay around Deerfield Beach, West Palm Beach/Palm Beach Gardens, so that you’re out of the city in the morning (traffic is a nightmare) and then you’re an hour closer to Orlando the next day. On the way home, I would either drive down on the day (we’ve done this a few times) or drive down the coast again and stay the night by the beach, have dinner by the ocean, breakfast by the sea, a stroll around and then drive to the airport (we did this in 2019 and worked out really well) I actually added on an extra night at the hotel, so that we could use the room all day and checked out at 5pm. Made for a lovely relaxing last day!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
Hello,

We can only do 14 nights due to work and flight prices with BA seem to be good from man to miami in summer hols. Missed the boat booking to MCO.

Do you think this would work.

2 nights in miami
at the end of the second day hiring a car and travelling to orlando.
11 nights in orlando in an off site condo - 2 days in wdw (HWS and AK) and some universal visits. We'd probably need a couple of pool days thrown in.
travel back down to miami 1 night stay

Also, does anyone know what BA means by flexible ticket? I could do with staying with BA as I have a voucher.

The other option is to hang on in hopes flight prices to MCO will go down
I would drive straight to Orlando from Miami use the jet lag to take advantage of early start park days.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the advice

Ideally i'd like to fly to MCO. Im so annoyed with myself because i've rebooked this trip over and over since april 2020 and this time I decided to just leave it! We are used to booking 11 months out but does anyone know if the prices take a dip again at any point usually?
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I would spend the night in Miami and then drive up following day (that’s what we are doing) 😀
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I would spend the night in Miami and then drive up following day (that’s what we are doing) 😀
Can I ask are you flying direct to miami? We are coming from Manchester so flying to Heathrow first
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 6 Nov 21, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
scousepete37
Trainee Dibber

Hi Jenna288 we are flying from Manchester to Miami via Heathrow. I'm not sure you have another option on that route. Just to add that we are also staying overnight in Miami before driving up to Orlando the next day. We decided to hang around the pool a bit the next day and drive over early afternoon. We can't get into villa until after 4 so not in a rush.
scousepete37 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scousepete37 View Post
Hi Jenna288 we are flying from Manchester to Miami via Heathrow. I'm not sure you have another option on that route. Just to add that we are also staying overnight in Miami before driving up to Orlando the next day. We decided to hang around the pool a bit the next day and drive over early afternoon. We can't get into villa until after 4 so not in a rush.
That sounds like a good plan- From what everyone's said it might be best just do the 1 night.
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 6 Nov 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

We are also flying into Miami for the first time .
We are staying overnight at the airport hotel and picking the car up early the next morning and driving up to Orlando.
Old 6 Nov 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
Can I ask are you flying direct to miami? We are coming from Manchester so flying to Heathrow first
Yes direct from Heathrow👍

We flew Miami indirect before via New York.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List