Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

LA - another arrival testing question

Just when I think I have got my head around all this testing.

BA manage my booking has thrown up 4 mandatory documents for completion prior to travel.
  1. Proof of negative test (to be booked for departure and day 2 on arrival home) tick.
  2. Attestation form - printed off and ready to complete before departure - tick
  3. Proof of Covid Status - tick
  4. Mandatory declaration form for Los Angeles!

Clicked through to website and its stating fully vax international travellers test days 3-5? Assume that this is for under 18s?

Anyone else come across this?
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

This is Mandatory declaration form for Los Angeles travel.lacity/

This is an online form on LAX website. It is the City of LA who are requiring it, so it applies to anyone arriving at LAX airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station Train Station. It was started months ago, maybe even last year I can't remember.

Its basically a contact tracing form, but there is no real contact tracing system.

I told my LA friends about it last year when they went on holiday to Hawaii, they didnt know about it. They have travelled multiple times to Hawaii over the last year and have never been asked about it.

Its on my to do list, whats another form when we have so many at this stage to do
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid

You are so right! I am just filling in forms left right and centre, then another pops up! Saw $500 fine and was like WOW!, where did this one come from

All completed for DH and I and I have made sure to screenshot... another print off for the folder
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for posting this had no idea about this one either!
It doesn't say how far in advance this one needs to be submitted? Assuming you can just do this through the website and no need to print?

Thanks
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mumsthebigkid View Post
You are so right! I am just filling in forms left right and centre, then another pops up! Saw $500 fine and was like WOW!, where did this one come from

All completed for DH and I and I have made sure to screenshot... another print off for the folder
While the $500 fine is scary, as far as I can see from online and from what my LA friends said, there is no compliance with the form and most Americans flying into LAX don't even know about it.

Also if you look at the image they have about Covid, they list Recommendations and Requirements in the same section, so it is not clear whats a recommendation and whats a requirement.

We know from studying the new international requirements since November 8 that the 3-5 day testing is a requirement for under 18's and a recommendation for fully vaccinated adults.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
Thanks for posting this had no idea about this one either!
It doesn't say how far in advance this one needs to be submitted? Assuming you can just do this through the website and no need to print?

Thanks
You are welcome, most people don't know about it , even Americans who have been travelling international and to other states over the last year.

I have it book marked and plan to do it when I am doing my online check in a few days before my flight. I will be printing it out, as I print out everything, and make scrap books after my trips
Old 14 Nov 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
We know from studying the new international requirements since November 8 that the 3-5 day testing is a requirement for under 18's and a recommendation for fully vaccinated adults.
Yes, I picked up on the 3-5 day testing Could not see any further details so assumed this related to under 18s.

Please tell me other than 2 negative tests before travel we are all done now
Old 14 Nov 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mumsthebigkid View Post
Yes, I picked up on the 3-5 day testing Could not see any further details so assumed this related to under 18s.

Please tell me other than 2 negative tests before travel we are all done now
The negative tests for vaccinated adults
Proof of vaccine status
The attestation form
The LAX form
ESTA

and you should be good to go.
Old 14 Nov 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Where an I find the lax form please, we fly into there in May , didn’t even know about it untill now !

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I posted the link above but here it is again. travel.lacity/ Don't worry, most people don't know about it. It has not been well promoted. I found it months ago as I kept up to date with everything during lockdown