Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
USAFanBoy
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
We have 5 nights booked LA, 5 nights Anaheim. My daughter would need testing during LA time and I’m struggling to see how it can work.
I googled LA county testing and got lots or results.
I emailed one near our hotel regarding cost and how long results take to come.
Here is the reply;

Free, please feel free to walk into any of our locations Monday-fri 9am-4pm sat 9-2
3-4 business days

But whether this provides the proof required I don’t know.

Also the wait time leaves us stranded for most of our trip.
That was my original point. If the tests take days to come back then you never have the proof you need. It would be beyond the 72 hour window as you get it lol.

I am planning my trip to avoid anywhere indoors now around santa Monica and LA until something changes.
USAFanBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
USAFanBoy
A Guest at All-Stars

More research, and this is what I found

flylax/travelsafely#CovidTest

If we booked a lateral flow ( which meets requirements) for $80 we can get results in 1 hour.

Tested upon landing, say 6 pm local time, we are covered until same time 19th December.

We leave early 21st.

Maybe?
Helpful thanks
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
USAFanBoy
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
That's assuming the direction of travel of the epidemic in that region remains a good one.

Unfortunately, I noticed that things seem to be gently starting to worsen again in the US as well as locally in California. I guess this is to be expected, as autumn draws in but, more pertinently, protection from vaccines administered begins to wane, as we also experienced in the UK. That's where boosters come in, to deliver better levels of protection.

There's some recent coverage here: latimes/california/s...for-california
“Unfortunately, what we were predicting, as people go indoors — that [hospitalization] rates may go up — was actually a reality,” said Dr. Regina Chinsio-Kwong, a deputy health officer in Orange County. “And even though we do have good vaccination rates, we need more people who are not yet vaccinated to get vaccinated.”

(I'm only watching this stuff as we're planning a combined west coast / Florida trip next summer)
Yeah watching it every day as well.

They have some things in their favour like us. A lot of previous infection and they are well under way with vaccinated kids and boosters.

I am choosing to hope... hope is all you have sometimes

Thankfully I can move my flights if needs be so will do that if its bad come Feb

Edited at 10:16 AM.
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Have a look at my other post, rapid result testing at LAX.

That at least gets the ball rolling with an initial test and cover.

Didn’t see latest posts- apologies
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler

This is the reply from Farmers Market regarding testing;

Hi Amber,

Thank you for your email. The majority of the Market is outdoors and therefore you do not have to worry about showing proof of vaccination for anyone in your party. Please note though, if you are dining at one of our indoor restaurants like Du-par's, Market Tavern or Marmalade Cafe, you have to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test for anyone 18+. These restaurants also provide outdoor seating which does not require proof of vaccination. Please visit the following page for more details: ewddlacity/index.php/recovery/safepassla.
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
USAFanBoy
A Guest at All-Stars

This is the reply from Farmers Market regarding testing;

Hi Amber,

Thank you for your email. The majority of the Market is outdoors and therefore you do not have to worry about showing proof of vaccination for anyone in your party. Please note though, if you are dining at one of our indoor restaurants like Du-par's, Market Tavern or Marmalade Cafe, you have to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test for anyone 18+. These restaurants also provide outdoor seating which does not require proof of vaccination. Please visit the following page for more details: ewddlacity/index.php/recovery/safepassla.
Thanks for this
Old 17 Nov 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daunty
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
anaheimtourcompany.com

Not booked yet though.
We have used the Anaheimtour Company twice. They were great.
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler

I think we are going to wait until next Christmas, our balance is due in a few days .
It’s just not seeming like a holiday with at least 3 tests whilst out there ( we have Katy Perry booked for Vegas so 14 yr old needs a test for that too)
We recently had a “close contact” scare the night before a pricey trip to London and that was stressful enough, never mind this trip.
I hope everyone’s plans get sorted.