Old 5 Apr 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

New York, New York - May/June 2016 - Trip Report Index *COMPLETE*

New York, New York
27th May - 4th June 2016
Trip Report Index

So this has been the will I write it, won't I write it trip report! 11 months down the line I've decided that 'I will' because I want to write this and my New England road trip report before I do this summer's Florida report. So here goes!

Intros

Day 0 - Pre Travel Day

Day 1 - Travel Day

Day 2 - Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour

Day 3 - Statue of Liberty

Day 4 - One World Observatory & Brooklyn

Day 5 - Coney Island

Day 6 - Central Park Zoo & Top Of The Rock

Day 7 - Shopping & Empire State Building

Day 8 - Home and Highs & Lows

Thank you to anyone who take the time to read my ramblings and double thank you to anyone who takes the time to comment!
Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk

Edited at 03:22 PM.
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Yay!

I'm so glad you decided to post this!

Great start
Old 6 Apr 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SarahJayne View Post
Yay!

I'm so glad you decided to post this!

Great start
It's taken me long enough! At least it's just a short one so I should get it finished quite quickly.

Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Looking forward too it!
Old 9 Apr 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
Looking forward too it!
Thank you!

Claire
x

Old 11 Apr 17, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
looks fab. would you recommend the HOHO bus?

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Fabulous trippie Claire, thank you for taking the time to write it.

We are off to NYC next year as part of our 25th wedding anniversary trip. We have a 9 day cruise that leaves from Cape Liberty and then 5 days in NYC. I last went in 1982, when I was 9 yrs old, so am looking forward to returning. DH & DS have never been, so I am stalking as many NYC trippies as I can, to get some good ideas 😉😉😉

I love that you went to Coney Island, as I really want to go there too. Have always wanted to go there, so hopefully we will get the chance next year.

Looking forward to reading the rest!

Vicki x

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
looks fab. would you recommend the HOHO bus?
I would recommend the HOHO bus but I would only do a 24/48 hour ticket. We felt we wasted too much time doing the same routes using it as a means of transport rather than just sightseeing.

Originally Posted by TORIMS View Post
Fabulous trippie Claire, thank you for taking the time to write it.

We are off to NYC next year as part of our 25th wedding anniversary trip. We have a 9 day cruise that leaves from Cape Liberty and then 5 days in NYC. I last went in 1982, when I was 9 yrs old, so am looking forward to returning. DH & DS have never been, so I am stalking as many NYC trippies as I can, to get some good ideas 😉😉😉

I love that you went to Coney Island, as I really want to go there too. Have always wanted to go there, so hopefully we will get the chance next year.

Looking forward to reading the rest!

Vicki x
Wow it sounds as though you have a great trip planned! I'd really recommend Coney Island. It was a highlight of our trip. However, the fabulous weather helped, I'm sure I might feel differently if it was grey and miserable!

Thanks for reading.
Claire
x

Old 29 May 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

It's taken a while, but days 6 and 7 are now up!

Thanks for reading and sticking with me!

Claire
x