Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Tinks Twinkle & Tinsel Tour 2012

I realise I never did finish the Orlando part of our summer trip report and here I am starting another one but I promise that I will finish this one

So who’s going,
Me ~ Jakki (50)
DS ~ Aodhan (15)
DD ~ Niamh (14)

And joining us a week later
DH ~ Steve (56)

We’ve only ever been to Florida once at Christmas and that was back in 2006 when the kids were 8 & 9, it was long enough ago for us to have forgotten a lot of it and so we’re really looking forward to seeing the parks and resorts decorated for the holiday season. I’ve been avidly following the weather on about six different sites and it’s looking good so far with temperatures in the high 60’s to mid 70’s. We’ve got an Owners Locker over in Florida with most of our summer stuff in so we’re travelling with hand luggage and only taking a few winter bits with us.

We’re off up to Dublin tomorrow to spend the night in an airport hotel. We’re taking the train up and on the way will stop at M&S to get a picnic dinner to have in the room and some snacks for the flight. We’ll also manage a toffee nut latte each just to set the scene for the coming trip. Steve can’t get the time off work so he’s flying out next Saturday, the fridge is stocked with meals for him and we’ll be keeping in touch via Skype.

So what’s the plan? We’re flying direct with Aer Lingus and taking ME from the airport to AKL hopefully arriving around 7 in the evening. We won’t be up for much that day so we’ll just grab a bit to eat in Mara and wander around the resort taking in the Christmas decorations.

We’ve got a full on week of park action that includes, MVMCP, and plenty of ADR’s including Tusker House, Le Cellier, Kona, Trails End and we’ve even managed to get a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest, which we’re looking forward to. We’re going to try and check out the new Splitsville bowling alley, head to the cinema and the kids have got an archery session booked over at Fort Wilderness.

When Steve arrives we’re checking into BLT and heading off site with visits to Ice (with lunch at Villa De Flora on Christmas day) Seaworld, Gatorland, The Blue Man Group, Winter Park, Discovery Cove, shopping and a Dibb meet. We’re not going to spend much time in the Disney parks that week but we will pop in so that Steve can see the decorations. I love this time of year and we’re all really excited to be spending it in our favourite place.

Wishing you all a safe and Happy Christmas and I’ll be back in the New Year to post the trippie.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 12, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
This has come round so quick Jakki, hope the weather stays good for you. I can't believe it was that long ago you went for Christmas.

Have a fabulous time and I can't wait to read about it when you get back. Message me if you get chance

Caron
Old 13 Dec 12, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a wonderful time, looking forward to hearing all about it on your return, have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Hope you're having a fabulous time and looking forward to hearing all about it on your return!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 12, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Enjoy villa de flora tomorrow - would love to hear all about it!

Happy Christmas xxxx
Old 24 Dec 12, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Have a great time.

I would love to go at christmas
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 12, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We're having a great time so far and heading into Fort Wilderness soon for dinner at Trails End and hopefully a Hay Ride to see all the decorated RV's

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Enjoy villa de flora tomorrow - would love to hear all about it!

Happy Christmas xxxx
Will do

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 13, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
sounds good,looking forward to reading it
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 13, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Fabulous start, didn't know you could do Archery at FW, may look into this as something for us to do

xx
Old 26 Jan 13, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Fabulous start, didn't know you could do Archery at FW, may look into this as something for us to do

xx
They really enjoyed it and it's not just for little kids, we're going to do it again in the summer.