Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

Mobile Easter 2021 - ideas on flight prices?

We're really keen to go back to Orlando having only been once in 2016.

Last time we were incredibly lucky and got a Thomson all in one package that inc flights, 14 nights on I Drive at the Extended Stay America, car hire and tickets to universal and Disney for £1150 each during the Easter holidays as ours was a week later than everyone else's.

We know we'll never get that price again but I'm looking to try and get flights and accom for around £1000 each max by booking DIY. Does that sound manageable for Easter holidays?

Could we get flights at that time for £500 each? Has anyone managed that at Easter?

Thanks
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Yes but depends on UK departure and arrival airport in Florida. Where are you looking to fly from/to etc direct/indirect. I will never fly indirect again with kids, ever.

Just to add last year I paid 433 each direct inc baggage LGW to MCO. This was booked July 2018 and flying Monday to Monday in the school holidays, so pinching 2 school days.

This year, BA LHR to MIA paid 2500 for 2 adults 3 kids and seven seater car (supposedly worth 600 quid for the car) so around 400 each inc baggage. Again flying Monday to Monday. I've got a Disney cruise booked for Easter 2021 so will be looking for flights also.

I've been every Easter for 15 years and never paid more than 500 direct but I do tend to pinch a a day or 2 at school to get these prices.

Edited at 01:20 PM.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Got indirect flights for this Easter (2-16 April) for £417 each. £1251 Villa £1550

total £2801 = £ 933.66666666 each,

Can be done if you are willing to compromise on direct flights.

Happy searching x
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’re going 4-18th April this year, so sat-sat of school hols and have paid £2600 for direct flights (2ad and 3ch) LHR-MIA and that includes a 7 seater car for the 2weeks
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
crazydecorator
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Wizz View Post
We’re going 4-18th April this year, so sat-sat of school hols and have paid £2600 for direct flights (2ad and 3ch) LHR-MIA and that includes a 7 seater car for the 2weeks

When did you book please? Will be looking for this for 2021 😀
crazydecorator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone, this gives me a bit of hope!

Ideally we'll fly direct from Manchester but that restricts us to Virgin or Thomson as nobody else flies direct at the moment.

We'd be open to flying to Miami or Tampa if we couldn't get Orlando as we plan to do busch Gardens anyway so could do a couple of days at the beginning / end if we flew to Tampa or end with a couple of days in Miami if needed.

We'd consider flying to LHR first too and then direct to Orlando but I'm not that keen on flying indirect from Manchester and having long waits at airports in the US as I think we'd all get too stressed with this! 😂

We've found some great condos for around £1000 for the two weeks around Formosa Gardens or Lake Buena Vista as we wouldn't really need a villa for the three of us and would prefer to be in walking distance of restaurants. It's just the flight prices that seem steep at the moment.
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by crazydecorator View Post
We booked the same flights from LHR to Miami on 3rd-18th April 2020 with BA fly drive with a 7 seater car- paid slightly more than Wizz 2A and 3C £2900. We booked on day of release which was 30th April 2019 I think... x
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by crazydecorator View Post
Booked the day the flights were released (about 30th April) Got up at 6am and the morning flight had already increased dramatically in price so we are on the lunchtime flight. Coming home all flights were about the same in cost.
I checked prices when I got home from work and they had increased dramatically on all flights.
If you are tied to dates (we are as I work in a school) check early on the day of release and be prepared to book if price is in your budget.
I check flights periodically now still and for Easter they just seemed to rise then plateau.
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
crazydecorator
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks so much both! We usually book summer hol flights close to release but I've never actually tried Miami or first thing in the morning so will try that thank you!
crazydecorator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pug1234
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wizz View Post
Was that with BA direct website? Thanks
Pug1234 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List