Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Apr 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Auto Europe

Hi Ladies & Gents

I had a voucher from last year to use with Auto Europe, but looking at the current prices of hire cars on their website, I decided to see if I could cash it in and book with another company, I gave AE my new dates and asked what their best price was on a mini van... to my amazement they came back with a price of £810 for a 24 day hire with Budget, which in todays market is a great price... so if you are still looking to hire, don’t just go by the prices you see online, drop them an email or call them for an updated price.

I’ve booked a few times with Auto Europe and they have been great.
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I am a fan of them. Used them loads and I am also holding a credit that I will use in 2022.

I cancelled a booking and they gave me a 10% bung. Not to be sneezed at.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I don’t get why there are offline/online prices, surely their cheapest price should be shown online. I know Andy has different systems too.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I also rate Auto Europe. We’ve had excellent prices in the past but I’ve not considered calling or emailing if the price is more than Alamo/ Virgin, for example. Good advice, thanks
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I don’t get why there are offline/online prices, surely their cheapest price should be shown online. I know Andy has different systems too.
Due to restrictions the rental companies dictate.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Thanks for the nudge on this. I’ve changed my booking over from ebookers. It’s the same price, £780 for 22 days for a minivan with Budget but autoeurope have a free non spouse additional driver, so it’s saved me $65.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bigsis3
Excited about Disney

How do I contact auto Europe ? Can anyone help with an email address please ?.
bigsis3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by bigsis3 View Post
How do I contact auto Europe ? Can anyone help with an email address please ?.
reservations@auto-europe.co.uk

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I am a fan of them. Used them loads and I am also holding a credit that I will use in 2022.

I cancelled a booking and they gave me a 10% bung. Not to be sneezed at.
Got exactly the same from 2020 and hope to use in 2022 too. Was also impressed by the length the voucher was valid for - up to 2023 if I remember rightly.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DurhamGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by toonmadlad View Post
Hi Ladies & Gents

I had a voucher from last year to use with Auto Europe, but looking at the current prices of hire cars on their website, I decided to see if I could cash it in and book with another company, I gave AE my new dates and asked what their best price was on a mini van... to my amazement they came back with a price of £810 for a 24 day hire with Budget, which in todays market is a great price... so if you are still looking to hire, don’t just go by the prices you see online, drop them an email or call them for an updated price.

I’ve booked a few times with Auto Europe and they have been great.

I booked this morning for 17 nights in September 21 for a Hyundai Elantra - £450, including tank of petrol, free spouse. Bit apprehensive about Budget (as we normally do Avis on BA Flydrive) but the price is excellent. As recommended, I rang up for the best price which was much better than the online price
DurhamGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List