Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 May 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Have a look at this thread.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193121

It pays to telephone these companies as their Online v Actual are very different.
Old 16 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
trrence
Helping Mickey

Booked one for a Texas pick up and Orlando drop off in August this year (7 days). Booked direct with Alamo but is over £1000 for a standard SUV. Am checking every week in the hope it comes down.

Did see this once before and it did come down before we went, but think we may run out of time on this one ... assuming we get there!
Old 17 May 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
macgasbp
Apprentice Imagineer

I firmly believe once travel is allowed back into the US and with the numbers increasing back to Orlando the prices will fall back near pre-pandemic numbers - Lets just hope the car makers have plenty of vehicles stock piled although the issues with a shortage of chips won't help
macgasbp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by macgasbp View Post
I firmly believe once travel is allowed back into the US and with the numbers increasing back to Orlando the prices will fall back near pre-pandemic numbers - Lets just hope the car makers have plenty of vehicles stock piled although the issues with a shortage of chips won't help
That may (hopefully) happen next year but certainly not this year. Alamo are about to significantly increase their prices. I'm half expecting the rental companies to stop accepting new bookings.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
adz_jh
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
That may (hopefully) happen next year but certainly not this year. Alamo are about to significantly increase their prices. I'm half expecting the rental companies to stop accepting new bookings.
Andy, would you recommend booking now or waiting if our hol is Feb next year?
adz_jh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Yes and also they overbook car rentals lots of reports of people arriving at MCO to no pre booked cars available.

My neighbor works at MCO at a National car hire chain and they are prioritizing direct books over third party vouchers.
Hi S27 - I read on a forum, can't remember which one, where an American arrived into MCO about 10.30pm to discover circa 300 people in line for their cars. About halfway thro the police came in, only then did the car supplier announce they had no vehicles, not one, which likely left in excess of 100 people wondering what to do.

April 2020, I had to get us home from Bokeelia. KLM put us on the AA flight from Miami to LHR. As we own an old Fl motor I only needed a one way/one day motor, from Budget for £27, today that same vehicle is £82 (200% increase)! Relieved we own in Fl as, at current prices, our winter stay would cost £10,500 for an economy motor!
Old 18 May 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by adz_jh View Post
Always book early. Amend if/when the price drops.

DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Eerbeer17
Earning More Ears

As Budget seems to be the cheapest option at the moment does anyone know if you can pick your car (like Alamo) or do they assign one for you?
Picking a car is one of the main reasons to book with Alamo but their prices are just insane.
Eerbeer17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Eerbeer17 View Post
As Budget seems to be the cheapest option at the moment does anyone know if you can pick your car (like Alamo) or do they assign one for you?
Picking a car is one of the main reasons to book with Alamo but their prices are just insane.
Budget assign the vehicle to you from the rental desk.

Old 19 May 21, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adz_jh View Post
As Andy honours new prices if your booking price drops, there is no reason to wait.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List