Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Jun 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
When I started this thread the web site basically had a flow chart on the home page but not a lot more information that the process through loading the app had. It had a collection map which said "coming soon" and a map just showing where to return the tag but only on side A.

Hopefully you'll be a DIBB pioneer next month so please come back to this thread and let us all know how it went. Will you be collecting on B if you can?

The FAQs basically explain everything.

Mick
We've used the visitors pas for a previous couple of trips and it saved us so much stress of finding change for the unmanned tolls etc. It's so quick to update too. Within an hour of going through tolls it was showing when I logged into our account.
Was very pleased when I saw it was back! I'm hoping the machines just have replaced where you collected them from the stand. For drop offs, I'll be surprised if it's any different from last time where there were drop off bins that you just posted it in. No need for a machine for that bit.

On the off chance that our trip next month happens, I'll be sure to let you all know!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22

Edited at 09:44 AM.
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I can't say that I've ever seen a schedule of VTP toll charges but there's a calculator here if you're using the normal Sunpass schemes.

floridasturnpike/TollCalc/index.htm

If it helps I still have my VTP account from Nov 2019. The two manned tolls on 417 after leaving MCO are $1.75 each I recall and leaving at j3 was $1 if you paid via Sunpass or by cash. My VTP account says $1.43 and 54 cents respectively. So my trip from MCO to Highgate cost me $3.40 using VTP instead of $4.50 through Sunpass. Plus VTP is admin fee free as well.

If planning your cash flow you won't get a VTP bill until after you return the tag.

Mick

PS we always stay for 4 weeks and our total toll bill after touring for around 1,500 miles is less than a couple of Bob Evans breakfasts - not a lot really
That's brilliant, thank you so much. Xx
P.s How much is a breakfast from Bob Evans
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I spent $45 on VTP over 28 days in July 2019. We were out and about every day though.
Thanks for the info, that's really useful. I was worried it was going to end up in the $100's, we're there for 3wks and will be out and about every day and don't want to be messing about trying to avoid toll roads.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
That's brilliant, thank you so much. Xx
P.s How much is a breakfast from Bob Evans
We pay around $25 for two at the Posner Park branch for a decent fry-up. About the same as we pay at Cracker Barrel and IHOP.

Mick
Old 5 Jun 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Vtp

Many thanks Mick, just downloaded the VTP app and all ready to go... roll on October 2nd... fingers and toes crossed !
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

I had this all set up for our trip last year, that got cancelled, so I never got to experience using it. Glad to see it's back, and hopefully I'll be using it in September

Thanks Mick for the heads up!
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

So just let me get this right, Mick.

You pay $10 deposit on this toll pass, you decline any kind of toll program from your rental company, then you can drive through any lane at any toll on any road and pay the cheapest possible rate, then they give you your $10 back and just charge for the tolls you have used? No daily charges or anything, ie you could just drive through 2 tolls on your entire trip and just be charged a few dollars for those at the end, whatever that might be?

It sounds three good to be true
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
So just let me get this right, Mick.

You pay $10 deposit on this toll pass, you decline any kind of toll program from your rental company, then you can drive through any lane at any toll on any road and pay the cheapest possible rate, then they give you your $10 back and just charge for the tolls you have used? No daily charges or anything, ie you could just drive through 2 tolls on your entire trip and just be charged a few dollars for those at the end, whatever that might be?

It sounds three good to be true
There is one caveat I'd put on the "decline the toll programme". The VTP FAQs says you should. However in the last dozen or so hires from Alamo I've never been asked by anyone about Sunpass schemes so I've never had to sign up or decline anything. I go straight to the garage and pick my car anyway and speak to no one until the barrier. Maybe you need to decline Dollar's scheme where you could end up paying over $50 a week and only use one toll - post #89. Only used the VTP once and I was not charged again by Alamo through Sunpass.

I was hoping that throughout this thread someone may have used VTP who had hired from Dollar to confirm what they did.

Other than that what you've posted is basically correct. My earlier post spells out my savings with only a limited use.

Mick

PS Just off to do some gardening before it rains - back later

Edited at 03:31 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Seems VisitorTollPass.com has stopped accepting new orders... Just shows "Coming Soon". Not sure if its maintenance as some of the links are broken as well.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Seems VisitorTollPass.com has stopped accepting new orders... Just shows "Coming Soon". Not sure if its maintenance as some of the links are broken as well.
Seems to working now Andy, I’ve just completed a reservation and now have an email confirmation.
Does seem to be glitchy though, when I log back in all I get is the screen with the QR code, won’t move off it, even by clicking ‘Done’ at the bottom!

Edited at 09:24 AM.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List