Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
We could have had a mini Dibb meet 😀
That would have been lovely Our dogs almost match in colour too so would have looked very smart together 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

I’ve got a fab doggy picture for you ladies! Freddie had his first trip to the Groomer today 😍

Sooo funny! 😆
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I’ve got a fab doggy picture for you ladies! Freddie had his first trip to the Groomer today 😍

Sooo funny! 😆
Very smart after, but I think I prefer the before photo!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post

Sooo funny! 😆
He’s gorgeous, both before and after 💞 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We’ve just returned from our week’s holiday in Dorset. We stayed in an Airbnb in a small village which was perfectly located for travelling around and seeing the area and also very peaceful. We loved walking in the nearby fields in the evenings and saw numerous bats, barn owls and even a glimpse of a deer of some sort one evening

We were lucky with the weather, there were a few showers but generally it was very warm and sunny and we spent quite a few afternoons on the beaches enjoying the sunshine. We visited so many pretty places and ate outside lots of pubs and cafes (must have put on so much weight 😢 ) I’m still not totally comfortable with eating indoors so we sit outside if we can but generally I’m starting to feel better about being out.

We also had a lovely family night out just before we went away with DD, DS and his fiancée for DH’s 60th birthday. It was a surprise for him and he was very happy with his surprises especially a memory photo book I had made for him. He’s not really an emotional man but he did have a tear in his eye looking through it and seeing photos of the children and of us from years ago

Here’s some photos of our trip

Old 4 Jul 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We’ve just returned from our week’s holiday in Dorset. We stayed in an Airbnb in a small village which was perfectly located for travelling around and seeing the area and also very peaceful. We loved walking in the nearby fields in the evenings and saw numerous bats, barn owls and even a glimpse of a deer of some sort one evening

We were lucky with the weather, there were a few showers but generally it was very warm and sunny and we spent quite a few afternoons on the beaches enjoying the sunshine. We visited so many pretty places and ate outside lots of pubs and cafes (must have put on so much weight 😢 ) I’m still not totally comfortable with eating indoors so we sit outside if we can but generally I’m starting to feel better about being out.

We also had a lovely family night out just before we went away with DD, DS and his fiancée for DH’s 60th birthday. It was a surprise for him and he was very happy with his surprises especially a memory photo book I had made for him. He’s not really an emotional man but he did have a tear in his eye looking through it and seeing photos of the children and of us from years ago

Here’s some photos of our trip

Looks lovely, so glad you had a nice time. I think it’s really important to make the most of things now.

We’ve got a lodge booked in Devon for September (when we should have been in Florida), keeping everything crossed for good weather.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Looks lovely, so glad you had a nice time. I think it’s really important to make the most of things now.

We’ve got a lodge booked in Devon for September (when we should have been in Florida), keeping everything crossed for good weather.
I agree, we’ve had so many months of lockdowns and stress, I think it’s made me appreciate what we can do more. Of course, it will be lovely to travel further afield again but for now I’m happy with our UK breaks and spending time with our loved ones.

I do hope you have a good holiday in Devon 😄
Old 5 Jul 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've just had 2 days away in York with 'the girls' - 10 of us (started as colleagues, now friends forever) go away once or twice a year. We ate, drank, shopped and had a lovely Afternoon Tea river cruise - and a trip to A&E with one of us ending in plaster!

Edited at 05:28 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I've just had 2 days away in York with 'the girls' - 10 of us (started as colleagues, now friends forever) go away once or twice a year. We ate, drank, shopped and had a lovely Afternoon Tea river cruise - and a trip to A&E with one of us ending in plaster!

What a lovely trip 💞 (apart from the trip to A&E of course) I do love an afternoon tea and a river cruise tea sounds great fun. Which one in the group are you?

I’ve got a meet up planned in August with friends I’ve made online over the past few years, I’ve met one of them in the ‘real world’ and a few of the others live close enough to have met up once or twice, but this is the first time we’ve had a group meet up (sadly a couple can’t make it, but I think there will be 9 of us).

We’ve all become really close friends through the pandemic and given each other lots of support so it will be so nice to all spend some time together. Hopefully, like you and your friends, we can meet up a few times a year for many years to come
Old 5 Jul 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post

Looks like my kind of girls trip! How lovely. (Apart from the A&E bit)
Isn’t it wonderful that we are all getting out and about a bit more?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List