Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Just checked VRBO
We had until 24/6 to pay the next 25% and 11/7 to pay the final 25%

100% refund if cancelled before 24/6

Absolutely gutted 😭
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Tampa site now say tentatively flying 19/7
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

I wonder if we are better off?
Due to fly 19th not sure if to push back a few days but I’ve also a flight booked 1st Aug - I’ve lost the plot.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

My only hope now is that the US drop the ban between now & our flights on the 26th July. Our BA flights fly daily, so we're not going to get a cancellation email. If they drop the ban, & the US remains on the amber list, we'll be going.

If you read various takes on the internet, some believe that after the US opens the Canadian & Mexican borders later this month, that they'll potentially open up to other countries.

I can't say Boris' news was unexpected, as it's been "telegraphed" to us all over the last weeks, nor can I say it's not dented my hopes of travel to Florida, just one week later after the new Freedom Day, but I hope against hope.

If it doesn't pan out, we've £3k to come back from BA, which being positive would fund a great alternate holiday, without thousands on top in addition. But we'll happily spend those thousands if we can go.

We're in the final stretch now.

One way or another we'll know soon.

forbes/sites/alexled...h=6c3dd3b92e2e

Edited at 06:22 AM.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Has anyone had any luck getting through to BA on the phone ? I’ve tried but it tells me they are not taking calls and someone will contact us, I missed a call from them at 7.40 pm Sat night! Our July 13th flight is cancelled but would like to bump it to the 20th just in case. If anyone has a number they got through on I’d be grateful if you could share it, I’ve tried Twitter but that just resulted in ‘someone will be in touch’. Many thanks and good luck to all 🤞
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting through to BA on the phone ? I’ve tried but it tells me they are not taking calls and someone will contact us, I missed a call from them at 7.40 pm Sat night! Our July 13th flight is cancelled but would like to bump it to the 20th just in case. If anyone has a number they got through on I’d be grateful if you could share it, I’ve tried Twitter but that just resulted in ‘someone will be in touch’. Many thanks and good luck to all 🤞
This happened to me last week when our flights were cancelled. I then called at 8am on the dot and eventually got through in 10 minutes

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Maybe try online chat if you can't reach them by phone? We've found them very helpful, they just can't take any form of payment should that be necessary.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Ayefour View Post
Can you tell me what VA’s current policy is on changing cancelled flights? Are they doing straight swaps if they have availability? I’m still praying our 1st August goes ahead but would like to know plan b options.
They did a straight swap on my flights moved from the 1st - 21st of July to the 1st -21st of August, there was no price increase no ah or ohing just a quick efficient call and job done flights moved.
steve@mac155.f is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ayefour
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
They did a straight swap on my flights moved from the 1st - 21st of July to the 1st -21st of August, there was no price increase no ah or ohing just a quick efficient call and job done flights moved.
Thanks for the info - hope to see you on the plane on the 1st 🤞
Ayefour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
This is really interesting. Wonder if they would consider that for reward flights and how far in advance would they be prepared to move them too? 🤔

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List