Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
heighho
VIP Dibber

My Disney Experience - Park selection tool

Hi all,
So we’ve just booked Florida for next August with Virgin.

We were advised that once our reservation was linked to MDE, in around 14 days, we’ll be able to specify the park(s) we will be visiting during our stay. I’m told this can be a max of 2 parks per day for park hopping.

Just a couple of questions:
1. Does anyone have any additional information on this?
2. Does it more or less make the busy day guide redundant as they’re obviously controlling the number of people in the parks?

As part of my last trip to Florida in 2015, I enjoyed the planning and using the busy day guide worked a treat. I’m a little nervous about this new process, particularly if the parks availability is full by the time we come to do it.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 20 Jun 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

You can only pre-book one park per day and after 2pm you can park hop without needing to prebook. I have never heard before that you can only go to two parks in a day, but then that is probably enough for most people so maybe not a big discussion point.

Busy day guides are based on historical data and park specific EMH, neither of which really apply any more so would be of limited to no use. Other than ensuring a reasonable rotation of days, I have booked my park days at random.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I read though I don't actually have data behind this that the most important park to book is Hollywood Studios as the total park numbers are less.

The other parks are likely to be movable closer to the time.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I read though I don't actually have data behind this that the most important park to book is Hollywood Studios as the total park numbers are less.

The other parks are likely to be movable closer to the time.
It you book more than a couple of months out you can get any park, this is the case for the rest of the year other than a couple of days e.g. 31st October.

I have just checked what is available at shorter notice, when availability does become restricted. I have checked every date from tomorrow until third week in July when availability opens up everywhere.

Magic Kingdom is the hardest park to get into, it is unavailable on 31 days that I checked. Hollywood Studios is unavailable on eleven days, same as Animal Kingdom (unavailable a different eleven days not the same eleven days). Epcot is unavailable on two days.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDailey
Trying for More Ears

You can do all 4 parks in one day still. Plenty of YouTube videos up on it, sure Allears.net did one the other week.
DisneyDailey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
heighho
VIP Dibber

I did a rough outline of which parks we would like to visit. MK and HS we are looking to back to more than once, particularly for the night time celebrations. We’re stopping in Disney over 10 days you see, and because we have children in the group, we want to ensure rest time where we can.
It was probably my misunderstanding regarding the 2 parks per day so knowing that we can visit any other park, depending on availability I guess, after 2pm makes that easier.