Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Just booked May/June 22- Good prices with BA

Our return flight date was released yesterday and for the first time ever I booked flights on release day.

Thankfully our kids get two weeks at half term so we going out a few days early 25/5-10/6 lhr-mco. Then flying back from Mia was £260 cheaper.

So hopefully this might help others.

I normally book as a fly drive with Ba and only pay a deposit but as the car hire is so high atm I decided to do a hotel instead.

We were planning on staying at cabana bay for 7 nights and villa for the rest. I was going to book cabana hopefully on a AP rate, circa £1k.

Flight only was £2362 lhr-mco-mia-lhr

Combined price for flight and 7 nights Cabana 3a2c

£2910

So effectively only paid £548 for family suite at cabana bay.

And only paid £150 deposit total.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve similar dates and found BA to be extremely expensive. A fly drive with VH is significantly cheaper at this point - something I’ve never seen.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We booked our California trip on release day , 3 weeks with car pe both ways, and worked out £40 cheaper than what we paid for this year( if we had of gone) , so happy with that .
BA, heading down to Arizona , after a couple of days in Anaheim , didn’t get there this year or last , and it’s our second favourite place next to wdw .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I got a great deal for next May flying on the 9th for two weeks with BA , there prices do go up and down daily thou so always keep checking
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
I’ve similar dates and found BA to be extremely expensive. A fly drive with VH is significantly cheaper at this point - something I’ve never seen.
That is surprising, I priced up a flydrive with virgin and they wanted £5k!
Also not sure I would ever book with virgin after last year and how they handled refunds.

Edited at 10:18 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I got a great deal for next May flying on the 9th for two weeks with BA , there prices do go up and down daily thou so always keep checking
Yep definitely, I ideally wanted the flights for around £2k. Which we basically got if I take out the hotel cost.
Tbh was really worried they would be lot more expensive given half term and the moved bank holiday. Happy to just have it sorted. As is my dh as I can stop harassing him with flight different flight options!
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
We booked our California trip on release day , 3 weeks with car pe both ways, and worked out £40 cheaper than what we paid for this year( if we had of gone) , so happy with that .
BA, heading down to Arizona , after a couple of days in Anaheim , didn’t get there this year or last , and it’s our second favourite place next to wdw .

Jules
Ooh sounds lovely, just hoping we all actually get to go now.
Old 24 Jun 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WiltshireBen
Gone all Goofy

I hate this part, I need to wait another 8 weeks or so before the prices for my trip will be up, and I'm sure they will be climbing from now onward! Looks like some decent deals around at the moment...
WiltshireBen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Our return flight date was released yesterday and for the first time ever I booked flights on release day.

Thankfully our kids get two weeks at half term so we going out a few days early 25/5-10/6 lhr-mco. Then flying back from Mia was £260 cheaper.

So hopefully this might help others.

I normally book as a fly drive with Ba and only pay a deposit but as the car hire is so high atm I decided to do a hotel instead.

We were planning on staying at cabana bay for 7 nights and villa for the rest. I was going to book cabana hopefully on a AP rate, circa £1k.

Flight only was £2362 lhr-mco-mia-lhr

Combined price for flight and 7 nights Cabana 3a2c

£2910

So effectively only paid £548 for family suite at cabana bay.

And only paid £150 deposit total.
Did you add the Universal tickets on as an experiance... So much cheaper than ticket sites and you still just pay the £150 deposit... We are end Apr/May and great BA deal from Edin

Terry
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jenksy74 View Post
Did you add the Universal tickets on as an experiance... So much cheaper than ticket sites and you still just pay the £150 deposit... We are end Apr/May and great BA deal from Edin

Terry
Ooh hadn’t thought of this. We have Annual passes but I do need a ticket for my mum. Thank You