Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I was so fed up with everything this morning that I've booked 11 nights in Barbados leaving in 10 days time! I feel much better now

While booking my flights I got talking to the guy about my August flights. He said he was confident that we'll know something next month and that an announcement stateside was happening on the 13th July and another one on the 17th/18th. He said borders will open end of July and that he very much doubts my 7th August flights will get cancelled.

Watch this space I guess...
Hope he's right
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I was so fed up with everything this morning that I've booked 11 nights in Barbados leaving in 10 days time! I feel much better now

While booking my flights I got talking to the guy about my August flights. He said he was confident that we'll know something next month and that an announcement stateside was happening on the 13th July and another one on the 17th/18th. He said borders will open end of July and that he very much doubts my 7th August flights will get cancelled.

Are you having to quarantine in Barbados when you arrive. That’s the only thing putting me off booking there, it says quarantine in a state facility.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

That's awfully close to a lot of flights, would airlines have not cancelled most by then.
13th of July add 6 weeks and it's the last week in August.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Are you having to quarantine in Barbados when you arrive. That’s the only thing putting me off booking there, it says quarantine in a state facility.
Not if you're fully vaccinated you don't. You can use the all the hotel facilities except for the beach and PCR test results should be back within 24 hours at which point you can enjoy your holiday fully
Old 25 Jun 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Not if you're fully vaccinated you don't. You can use the all the hotel facilities except for the beach and PCR test results should be back within 24 hours at which point you can enjoy your holiday fully
You went for Barbados then? Good for you, I seriusly thought about it and the wife was shouting "book it, book it" in my ear but i'm a bit wary. Maybe I need to put my big-boy trousers on and go for it.

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
You went for Barbados then? Good for you, I seriusly thought about it and the wife was shouting "book it, book it" in my ear but i'm a bit wary. Maybe I need to put my big-boy trousers on and go for it.
Go for it! Put it this way, I can think of worse places to quarantine!
Old 25 Jun 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

The customer service agent on 18k pa has a direct line to the White House.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Right - I'm officially fed up

So who can tell me where we can go on holiday that gives us:

Great weather - and hot in the evenings!
Fantastic beaches with warm seas
Multitude of Watersport activities
Almost unlimited choices of food and drink options
Massive selection of theme parks
Brilliant shopping
Hotels with massive choice of pools and activities
Loads of Waterparks
Amazing scenery
Great widlife
Fun and relaxing to drive around
Huge choice of entertainment

..because I'm struggling
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Which company is this?
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
Right - I'm officially fed up

So who can tell me where we can go on holiday that gives us:

Great weather - and hot in the evenings!
Fantastic beaches with warm seas
Multitude of Watersport activities
Almost unlimited choices of food and drink options
Massive selection of theme parks
Brilliant shopping
Hotels with massive choice of pools and activities
Loads of Waterparks
Amazing scenery
Great widlife
Fun and relaxing to drive around
Huge choice of entertainment

..because I'm struggling
That's easy,

ORLANDO FLORIDA!
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List