Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Hi all! Lovely photos of your days out, and gardens, we have had a busy couple of weeks, our son took us up in a tiny plane for his dads birthday treat, in Norfolk, I wasnt sure I would go up but I did and it was ok, not as scary as I thought, just a bit weird to sit next to my ‘little’ boy flying a plane! We had an amazing sunday roast first, at the Kings Head pub in New Buckenham.

My DH has just finished six months of chemotherapy, and had a PET scan yesterday to see how the metastasis are in his lungs and lymph nodes, if they are stable or smaller, they will give him radiotherapy next. He is doing remarkably well, and we have actually held a holiday to Florida for next May.

Our patio is being replaced and its chaos in our garden! Hurts my eyes to look at it. Will post update when it is finished.

Lovely photos Louise, you must have felt so proud of your son. I’ve always fancied going up in a small plane, although it seems very scary but exciting

🤞 for great results for your DH’s results. I do hope things have improved for him and then you can start to look forward to your next Florida trip. As you know, I’ve put a £50 deposit on 5 days in Disney next year too, can’t be sure it’s going ahead yet due to work/uni/pandemic but it’s something to aim for 💞

The patio will be worth all the upheaval when it’s finished, can’t wait to see the photos xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

So jealous of all your days out and trips - I was meant to be off this week but I agreed to do overtime which I am very much regretting as the weather was lovely ! Now I have to self isolate again 😡 at least I can finish my garden during that time . It started off with replacing two fences which has now snowballed into redoing all fences , we have painted patio dark grey which I love and sorting out another seating area in different part of garden . I have asked for more plants for patio for my birthday as I can never have enough plants 😂 when it is finished I will put a before and after picture - it won’t be as nice as a new patio but it certainly looks better than it did 😂
Old 5 Jun 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
So jealous of all your days out and trips - I was meant to be off this week but I agreed to do overtime which I am very much regretting as the weather was lovely ! Now I have to self isolate again 😡 at least I can finish my garden during that time . It started off with replacing two fences which has now snowballed into redoing all fences , we have painted patio dark grey which I love and sorting out another seating area in different part of garden . I have asked for more plants for patio for my birthday as I can never have enough plants 😂 when it is finished I will put a before and after picture - it won’t be as nice as a new patio but it certainly looks better than it did 😂
So sorry that you are self isolating, hopefully it won’t turn into a positive result. The bonus of being home will be the garden being finished. I can’t wait to see the finished project 😃

I know what you mean about never having enough plants I bought some beautiful calla lilies when I was in Aldi this week I just need to buy new pots for them now 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

DH and I had our first day out for what seems like ages.

Friends of ours bought DH a fly boarding experience at Chepstow Dive Centre for his birthday last year but only now we’ve been able to use it.

The four of us went this morning - not sure if the gift was for the benefit of DH or our friends to laugh at his expense!

We had a lovely day, DH thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was pretty good for a first timer!

We then went to have lunch at a lovely riverside pub in Chepstow.

It was so nice to catch up with our very dear friends - it felt lovely to be out and about in the sunshine.

You can just about see DH in the picture!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
DH and I had our first day out for what seems like ages.

Friends of ours bought DH a fly boarding experience at Chepstow Dive Centre for his birthday last year but only now we’ve been able to use it.

The four of us went this morning - not sure if the gift was for the benefit of DH or our friends to laugh at his expense!

We had a lovely day, DH thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was pretty good for a first timer!

We then went to have lunch at a lovely riverside pub in Chepstow.

It was so nice to catch up with our very dear friends - it felt lovely to be out and about in the sunshine.

You can just about see DH in the picture!
I have no idea what fly boarding is but it looks very adventurous and exciting, well done to your DH for doing so well

I’m so pleased you had a lovely day out with your friends and a delicious meal out in the sunshine. We really appreciate the freedom and the opportunity to meet up with our friends and family now 💞
Old 5 Jun 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Great news about your second jab 🎉

That river looks beautiful Is that your dog? He’s gorgeous 💞
Yes that's our Meggy

This is our Zara

Today it's been very hot and humid

Lots of watering today

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Yes that's our Meggy

This is our Zara

Today it's been very hot and humid

Lots of watering today

Such beautiful dogs 💞 It’s been pleasantly warm here but I’m sure it’s been far warmer with you 😂 I did have to water my veg this evening, my spinach was wilting
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have already posted photos but wanted to also keep our chat here updated, as this is where most of our garden talk happens! Our garden project is finally finished- a year in the making, delays due to waiting on tradesmen etc!

We replaced patio, with porcelain, and I wanted to do raised beds new lawn etc, but budget wouldn’t allow, so just patio in the end, spent all day yesterday repotting plants in new colour co-ordinated pots, (got really badly bitten by ants nesting in them! ) and just tidying up, I ache today! Was wonderful to sit back and look at it when finished though and a bit emotional as when we began I had no idea how my DH would be health wise, and he is actually doing fantastically, this was for him. 💜

Before -

After!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 06:24 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a fantastic makeover, you must be so pleased! Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Such good news about your husband Louise - I'm so pleased

As for the garden - you have done a wonderful job! Can I ask about the lights in the tree and border? How are they powered? Electricity/battery/solar? I'd like to add a bit of prettiness to my garden

Ali
x
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List