Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Apr 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile Would this be possible to do re car hire

On my second solo trip in 2018 hired the car straight from the airport all was going well until the the Satnav decided to stop and I took a wrong turning coming off off the 417 celebration and ended up hopelessly lost and frightened the absolute life out myself.
On my next trip I'm thinking of getting a cab from the airport straight to the Disney car care centre and picking up the rental from there and then driving onto to my villa near Windsor Hills and obviously doing the reverse on the way home I'm looking to hire my car through Andy again so I know I can pick up from the Disney car care centre and drop off does this make sense and would it be doable thank you
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I was thinking this sort of thing too, to save drving tired off plane. X
Old 27 Apr 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Yes, its possible but it will depend on your flight time/luggage and immigration delays.. The DCCC closes at 7pm daily and reopens at 7am.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Thank you for your replies I think I will pluck up the courage and drive from the airport again and if the Satnav decides to pack up up I will resort using my phone which is what I could have done last time if I haven't been in such a blind panic sitting in the middle all of celebration town in the pitch black not knowing where i was.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DISNEYALI View Post
Thank you for your replies I think I will pluck up the courage and drive from the airport again and if the Satnav decides to pack up up I will resort using my phone which is what I could have done last time if I haven't been in such a blind panic sitting in the middle all of celebration town in the pitch black not knowing where i was.
Save the maps and route on google maps and it will work offline we only had this last time but it would be a handy backup plan for you if you’re still having a sat nav
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I guess that you haven't booked flights yet but do you intend flying into MCO?

If so I would suggest picking up the car from garage B. It's the nearest to APM 4 on side B where both VS and BA land. The other advantage is that when leaving garage B you are very close to the exit from the gyratory on to the 417 south. You have to get over to the right very quickly

We hardly use satnav over there unless we're having a trip off the beaten track but I guess this is where you started to get lost?

You need to turn right after this plaza (unmanned by the way) on to Celebration Avenue and keep going until you hit the 192. Turn left and keep going until North Old Lake Wilson Road where the "new" Walmart is.

For those few occasions when we use satnav Joan has "Here we go" on her mobile which doesn't use data if you download the maps here.

Mick
Old 2 May 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

I'm guessing that you may have got lost in Celebration town by turning left and going via Celebration Place. I'd suggest staying on Celebration Avenue as the blue route.

We've started leaving the 417 at j3 for the Osceola to get to Highgate Park but in November (everything crossed) we'll continue to j3 as we need to see what new restaurants have opened on 192 since Nov 2019.

Mick
Old 2 May 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Yes I turned left instead of right I know I had to turn off onto that Junction and the unmanned toll which is where it all started to go wrong, besides the Satnav not picking up the machine would not accept my coins so I drove through and got flashed which panic me even more so when I came to the junction I had to make a decision and I turned left and probably got hopelessly lost until I managed to get onto the road into to Magic Kingdom I knew where I was them got back on to the world drive which slang me back onto the 192 thank you for all your help and advice
Old 2 May 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Yes I turned left instead of right I know I had to turn off onto that Junction and the unmanned toll which is where it all started to go wrong, besides the Satnav not picking up the machine would not accept my coins so I drove through and got flashed which panic me even more so when I came to the junction I had to make a decision and I turned left and probably got hopelessly lost until I managed to get onto the road into to Magic Kingdom I knew where I was them got back on to the world drive which slang me back onto the 192 thank you for all your help and advice
You're very welcome.

Never stayed in a WDW hotel and haven't been to a park properly since 2010 and I know very little about those topics so it's great to start posting in the car forum again.

One day soon I hope to be posting that the Visitor Toll Pass has been restored.

Mick