Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 May 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
We stayed at Southern Palms in St Lawrence gap. Great location, loads of brilliant restaurants. We went self catering & went to a different very good restaurant every night.
Try & get out & about. We went on a sunset catamaran cruise with Calbazza, not too big & snorkelled with turtles & fish.
I wouldn’t hire a car, we hired a guide for the day, really informative - didn’t get lost!
Also went on an island Safari, again great fun
Travelled with 2 older teens & they enjoyed trips.
Blades pls feel free to message me if have any questions x
Read this with interest as we're due to go at the end of November for the first time.
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Proud to wear my Ears

Visit to Harrison caves were also nice, as was the 'Fish Fry' in Oistins on a friday night I believe
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Any tips for Barbados we are off next year (fancy a change from Florida now the kids are older). We are staying near St Larwence Gap

Thanks
We are staying near St Lawrence gap next year. We are staying in the south gap hotel.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Proud to wear my Ears

Stayed at south gap some years ago before the refurb, while back then it wasn't anything special; the location was quite good. Keep in mind that the gap is lined by bars and clubs, so at nights its pretty noisy!
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
We stayed at Southern Palms in St Lawrence gap. Great location, loads of brilliant restaurants. We went self catering & went to a different very good restaurant every night.
Try & get out & about. We went on a sunset catamaran cruise with Calbazza, not too big & snorkelled with turtles & fish.
I wouldn’t hire a car, we hired a guide for the day, really informative - didn’t get lost!
Also went on an island Safari, again great fun
Travelled with 2 older teens & they enjoyed trips.
Blades pls feel free to message me if have any questions x
We are staying at Southern Palms as well - properly buzzing now

I'll drop you a PM
Old 17 May 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by blades View Post
We are staying at Southern Palms as well - properly buzzing now

I'll drop you a PM
We really liked southern palms, great location, on an amazing beach. To sit under a palm tree on the beach & watch turtles pop their head out the water is truly magical.
There’s not many places we’d go back a second time but SP is one.
We went July 2016 & had an ocean view room, it had a small kitchen, bathroom & large bedroom. Opened onto a covered patio (shared by 3 rooms) with table & chairs. Patio straight onto the beach.
The staff & locals are friendly. The Restaurants within walking distance served a wide range of styles & prices.
When are you going blades? Hope you love it as much as we did
If you have any questions please just ask
Old 26 May 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

We’ve moved our Barbados booking to 2023 & booked to go to the Algarve this July. Cost an extra £1,630!
We’ll kick ourselves if Barbados change their covid protocol to suit our family but the DH wanted to be more sure of a holiday this year.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've been to Barbados five times and love it. We prefer the west coast around Holetown but it can be pricey. Have stayed at Southern Palms too and it is a good location , far enough away from the 3.00am disco music in St Laurence Gap. Favourites are trips to Bathsheba on the East coast for dramatic scenery and lunch at L'Azure at the Crane. West coast beaches at Paynes Bay are stunning and beach access points are everywhere if you look out for them.If you can view 'Barbados in a Nutshell' booklet online is full of info and maps. If you rent a car driving is on the left but buses are fun and cheap, but make sure you only get licensed taxis or the fee might suddenly escalate.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know if the 2nd PCR and quarantine period still apply to fully vaccinated visitors?
Old 24 Jun 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Does anyone know if the 2nd PCR and quarantine period still apply to fully vaccinated visitors?
You looking for back ups? Me too! 😂

Mexico is looking like our best option atm though I’d prefer Barbados.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List