Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jun 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
You looking for back ups? Me too! 😂

Mexico is looking like our best option atm though I’d prefer Barbados.
I am! 😂

What's the deal with Mexico? Are there tests and quarantine on arrival? Think Barbados still make you have another PCR and quarantine while you wait for results even if fully vaccinated which isn't ideal.
Old 24 Jun 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

There is no quarantine or testing requirements for Mexico and I also read Paul Charles saying that it should qualify for green list, but take his word with a large grain of salt. With Mexico you still need to fill out a form but seems like one of the most lenient entry requirements going at the moment.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneybear View Post
There is no quarantine or testing requirements for Mexico and I also read Paul Charles saying that it should qualify for green list, but take his word with a large grain of salt. With Mexico you still need to fill out a form but seems like one of the most lenient entry requirements going at the moment.
Hmmm that makes it more appealing straight away then!
Old 28 Jun 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Fully vaccinated travellers have to provide the within 3 days prior to arrival negative test. They then need to do another test on arrival & wait the 1-2 days (could be longer) for a negative result, which then allows them ‘to enjoy Barbados’.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Apparently the PCR results come back within 24 hours but I'll report back and let you know how long it actually takes.
Old 4 Jul 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some really useful tips on this thread I've been looking at Barbados as a back up plan to Florida in August.

Can I ask those who've been before did you take just Barbados dollars? Are credit cards widely accepted? We have Halifax clarity card (mastercard) for overseas as there's no foreign currency charges. Should I take any GBP or USD as a back up?

I'm mostly looking at room only as we've only ever done all inclusive once when in Turkey and didn't like the feeling of being 'confined' to the hotel. I'm not counting DDP as AI anyway, 3 of us fairly adventurous and will eat anything, 1 of us not so much and is a big kid who would prefer burgers, pizzas, steak and chips nothing spicy. Are the restaurants likely to suit us all?

Thank you in advance

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We had our pre-departure PCR's tests done yesterday. Thankfully all negative and results came through 17 hours later.

We used expresstest/

For departure back to the UK (lateral flow) we used projectscreen/virgin/

I should also note that if you're fully vaccinated you don't need a PCR when arriving in Barbados. They use the term "rapid PCR" but this is actually a lateral flow so results will be back much sooner than the 1-2 days quoted. Not quite sure how long they will take (obviously should only be 30 minutes) or how they will present the results. It may mean we wait at the airport or that they email us later that day but it shouldn't take long. I can report back if people would like to know so that you can prepare for the process
Old 4 Jul 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Love to know how you 'get on'. We've decided on Barbados as a back up for August - we're both adults fully vaccinated but with an 11 and 12 year old DGC.

I heard that you could arrange a test on arrival privately which will be much quicker for results, we have family there so will speak to them if necessary.

Have a great time - went to Crystal Cove nearly 20 years ago now, brilliant place and great location.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Love to know how you 'get on'. We've decided on Barbados as a back up for August - we're both adults fully vaccinated but with an 11 and 12 year old DGC.

I heard that you could arrange a test on arrival privately which will be much quicker for results, we have family there so will speak to them if necessary.

Have a great time - went to Crystal Cove nearly 20 years ago now, brilliant place and great location.

Jill
Thanks so much Jill! 😊
Old 4 Jul 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Some really useful tips on this thread I've been looking at Barbados as a back up plan to Florida in August.

Can I ask those who've been before did you take just Barbados dollars? Are credit cards widely accepted? We have Halifax clarity card (mastercard) for overseas as there's no foreign currency charges. Should I take any GBP or USD as a back up?

I'm mostly looking at room only as we've only ever done all inclusive once when in Turkey and didn't like the feeling of being 'confined' to the hotel. I'm not counting DDP as AI anyway, 3 of us fairly adventurous and will eat anything, 1 of us not so much and is a big kid who would prefer burgers, pizzas, steak and chips nothing spicy. Are the restaurants likely to suit us all?

Thank you in advance
We went a few years ago, took some US dollars and got some local currency on day 2 I think. We used cards frequently (post office) and had no issues.

Lots of restaurants and options but obviously depends on your hotel location and whether you are hiring a car or not.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List