Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 May 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Sorry didn’t see you had made up your mind before I posted !

Enjoy DLP

Defo something different, Venice, Norway, German castle road trip, split is amazing for a long weekend, so much to do in Europe.

Tromso also worth a look short flight from UK and you are right in the artic circle !

Edited at 10:56 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Thank you, looks and sounds Devine! Unbelievably Greece is one of the only places we haven’t been to in Europe, no idea why! Loads of ideas there I like so am making notes.
As per my above post, I have decided on DLP and happy with that plan.
But this is going on my list for the next ‘family adventure’ holiday when we have a bit more time! X
When you have ‘a little more time’, then spending part of it up in the North around Salamis and Kyrenia opens up lots of further possibilities. You have to get a taxi across the border, effectively making it a 2 centre vacation and with a car in each area, but it is a very different and beautiful area.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

She could and would. However, I know a few of the things we want to do, like the blue lagoon she won’t sadly due to body worries (that’s without her knowing it’s law you shower naked before getting in the lagoon!). We want to do the northern lights but know she gets bored and ratty very quickly so 3-4hrs stood in the cold dark waiting for magical lights to appear would just end up in a very upsetting night. I would rather wait til she is older and we can go without her, and fully enjoy it.
That’s why I thought DLP as there’s enough to keep her entertained or she can go back to the hotel and chill if she needs.
It’s so sad. I think back only a few years ago. I’ve been looking through old holiday photos, she’s like a different person, all smiles and excitement
Sorry to but in... Is this true? About the showers?!

I really hope your daughter improves soon. It’s so hard either feeling like that, or dealing with someone who feels like that (I’ve been both).

I don’t know what the weather would be like, but what about Toronto? We’re considering that if our DLP trip this year falls through. Xx

Sorry should have read to the end!

I think if it’s a decision you’re happy with, then it’s a perfect one. You would spend the whole time worrying otherwise if you did leave her and that would ruin the experience for you as well.

Have fun planning DLP and I hope she’s better soon xx
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 01:19 PM.
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post

I really hope your daughter improves soon. It’s so hard either feeling like that, or dealing with someone who feels like that (I’ve been both).

I don’t know what the weather would be like, but what about Toronto? We’re considering that if our DLP trip this year falls through. Xx

I think if it’s a decision you’re happy with, then it’s a perfect one. You would spend the whole time worrying otherwise if you did leave her and that would ruin the experience for you as well.

We def didn’t do that and I’ve no memory of it being compulsory
The changing areas are lovely - high end and spacious
Old 20 May 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We def didn’t do that and I’ve no memory of it being compulsory
The changing areas are lovely - high end and spacious
I’ve just googled it and it is a thing 😂 every day is a school day on here! Definitely handy to know that before you go.

No one told me that the Americans go in spas naked and I nearly shrivelled up in the steam room in the Grand Floridian after a very naked woman came in to the spa. I didn’t get out the steam room because I felt uncomfortable. How ridiculous.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’ve just googled it and it is a thing 😂 every day is a school day on here! Definitely handy to know that before you go.

No one told me that the Americans go in spas naked and I nearly shrivelled up in the steam room in the Grand Floridian after a very naked woman came in to the spa. I didn’t get out the steam room because I felt uncomfortable. How ridiculous.
As I said me and dd def didn’t do that
I think they have shower cubicles for us tourists
Old 20 May 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you x I have to keep remembering no matter how horrible it is for us, she’s suffering more x

We have Toronto on a list for future adventures, I am hoping for a 3 week trip in the next few years! X
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Re the showers, I think it’s a national thing as the lagoons are not chlorinated.
My dad said he and his (then wife) went and was told no naked shower, no entry. They joked you could tell the locals as they would clean their bits til they reached their tonsils 😳😂 I do believe there are a few cubicles for privacy but it’s still expected you are naked. Doesn’t bother me. I ain’t got it and I flaunt it 😂
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Re the showers, I think it’s a national thing as the lagoons are not chlorinated.
My dad said he and his (then wife) went and was told no naked shower, no entry. They joked you could tell the locals as they would clean their bits til they reached their tonsils 😳😂 I do believe there are a few cubicles for privacy but it’s still expected you are naked. Doesn’t bother me. I ain’t got it and I flaunt it 😂
I dress people for a living. My days of caring are long gone 😂
Old 20 May 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I dress people for a living. My days of caring are long gone 😂
As a midwife I see/examine EVERYTHING everyday, I stopped caring about my own features many years ago 😂
I can only hope one day my daughter will feel as liberated!