Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 May 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

TUI Iceland

I am planning on booking a trip with TUI. Has anyone booked Iceland with them before and taken the ones that come with inclusive trips.?

If you have been to Iceland what do you recommend? I am leaning towards the Storm Hotel, just deciding whether to do my own trips or not.

We are going for 3 nights, I want to do a lights trip and pray we see them, Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon.

I am using TUI as I have compensation from a holiday last year that needs spending.
Old 27 May 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We stayed at the Hotel Fron in central Reykjavik, where everything was walkable. We did the Golden Circle tour which was great, and were going to do the Northern Lights tour, but unfortunately it was cancelled for the five nights we were there due to weather conditions. We used Grayline for tours. Restaurants are pricey, but the food was lovely. 😀

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Following as Iceland is on my bucket list
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

We did 3 nights to Iceland a few years ago in March and I can honestly say it was incredible and so unique

We stayed at The Hotel Skuggi in Reykjavik which was central for everything and I would highly recommend

We did a northern lights trip on the first night and we were so lucky to see them

Did the golden circle and the south tour and both were amazing, we did them with Geoiceland who use small minibuses and they were fab, great drivers, small groups and a bit of off roading thrown in

We spent the last day before flying home walking around Reykjavik itself, it is very walkable and a lovely city, the harbour area is lovely

Never did the lagoon as we just didn't fancy it but I know lots of people love it.

Everything was booked separately by us and I'm sure you are aware just how expensive eating and drinking are but we knew that and went prepared!

The drinking water there is amazing, so fresh and clean so we just filled our water bottles up with that.

Whatever you choose to do you will have a fabulous time and I cannot wait to go back

There is a duty free shop as you land so if you want to pick up drinks/snacks that's the place to do it

Edited at 12:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
P&S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sofiamouse
Trying for More Ears

We are looking at going and have decided to leave the Blue Lagoon as reviews said loads of hair etc floating lol. But look at Sky Lagoon it’s new and looks amazing
Sofiamouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I went about 15 years ago, and the only tour we did was the Golden Circle.
Been trying to book a return trip with family but it's been cancelled twice already so holding off for next year maybe.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We went last year and stayed in the hotel Fron! So central to everywhere & I did a mini report if you’d like to see pics!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1163324

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Clarey
Imagineer

Hi we have just booked a 4 day stay for next feb with Tui. Staying at the Skuggi Hotel. There are 2 excursions included. Really looking forward to it.
Clarey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clarey View Post
Hi we have just booked a 4 day stay for next feb with Tui. Staying at the Skuggi Hotel. There are 2 excursions included. Really looking forward to it.
The Skuggi is a lovely hotel and it's location is perfect