Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
All Star Movies - interconnecting rooms

So after realising that to get the ATD $250 and magic bands I'd need to book 7 nights I started considering options.

As a family with 2 teens of different genders I just can't see us doing more than 5 nights in a room with only 2 beds. 5 nights is pushing it if I'm honest!

So I'm now looking at 2 rooms in a value, interconnecting. Has anyone done this and were you successful in getting the interconnecting request?

7 nights in this accommodation then 7 nights offsite would increase costs by around £900 compared to 5 nights CBR then offsite. Offset with slightly more dining credits and extra $50 giftcard as we would book with ATD and we'd only need the car from the 8th day when we move so less car costs too.

I think we'd all enjoy it more accomodation wise, 7 nights in the Disney bubble rather than 5 and i like the idea of trying an all singing all dancing Disney value resort.

I'm just worried we won't get interconnecting rooms as that would be important to us. Any thoughts welcome.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to jump in OP 🙂
I am also interested in this and a couple of years ago my friend booked two rooms at POR and received two lots of gift cards. One for each room.
Is that the case now?
If you book two rooms do you get two gift cards and two lots of meal credits?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Sorry to jump in OP 🙂
I am also interested in this and a couple of years ago my friend booked two rooms at POR and received two lots of gift cards. One for each room.
Is that the case now?
If you did it as 2 booking you would get the perks with each one if you booked 2 rooms on one booking you don't always get it so it would be worth checking before you book.

OP You can always contact disney and request interconnecting rooms to increase your chances of getting one.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Sorry to jump in OP 🙂
Is that the case now?
I've been wondering this. I think yes you would. It has to be 2 bokings for Disney I believe then call and make a request to link probably. On ATD you can request multiple rooms on the search but I assume they book them as separate bookings with Disney, not sure how that would translate into their giftcard offering though. I'm going to investigate as 2 giftcards is even better, we'd put it towards food.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The dining credits are per room, so shouldn't matter whether it's a single booking or not. The gift card is per booking though, so you'd need to make separate ones to get the extra amount.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Did anyone investigate this further? I am seriously considering booking 2 rooms at all star movies next summer as we are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids but connecting rooms would be essential as my eldest will only be 13 and has asd. Would love to have the xtra space and bathroom of two rooms would almost be like having a suite but at a price I can afford 🤣
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I have two rooms at All Star Movies booked through Disney and have made a request. It's not guaranteed but I'm pretty sure it will be honoured. I have it on both invoices that I've asked for connecting rooms. The gift card is per room if booking with Disney so I'd book with them.

Just to clarify I have 2 rooms and 2 giftcard cards as the CM did it as two separate bookings. Two ref numbers and 2 invoices.

Edited at 06:10 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I booked 2 rooms at ASM a few years ago and requested interconnecting rooms but at checkin was allocated rooms on 2 different floors. After explaining this at checkin we were accommodated the next day- luggage was moved for us x
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Every time we have requested connecting rooms we have gotten them, as this is one of the easier room requests for disney to fix for you. Most rooms at the value resorts are connecting so if you put in your request a few weeks in advance I am sure this shouldn't be a huge problem.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

I’ve booked for next year and virgin have said we’re not entitled to the gift card ! We upgraded after the announcement and got the dining credits but no gift card has anyone done this and got the offer with virgin ? Upgraded after announcement 🤷
kat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List