Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
I presume you can use the voucher to the equivalent of the sum paid towards anything with VH I.e. hotels, flights etc
Thank you. I’ve what’s app’s them
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I presume you can use the voucher to the equivalent of the sum paid towards anything with VH I.e. hotels, flights etc
It's only valid for bookings that take place up to April 2022
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
It's only valid for bookings that take place up to April 2022
A booking made before April 2022 (whether after that date or not) or a holiday before April 2022? They said 12 months - 12 months is 12 months surely?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
A booking made before April 2022 (whether after that date or not) or a holiday before April 2022? They said 12 months - 12 months is 12 months surely?
For holidays/flights that take place before April 2022.

Their reply

The voucher option is currently for anyone booked to travel up until the end of April 2022 and does not cover the dates you are travelling. Our standard terms apply in your case which mean you would lose the deposit if you want to cancel or be charged a £50 per person admin fee to change the holiday. I would not recommend doing either of these options right now. At the moment our flight schedules are being changed regularly and normally we operate 2 flights a day to Miami, one morning and the other afternoon so looking at your flight change the airports have only allocated us this one slot for the afternoon at this time but it will likely change 11 months from the date of the flights. I hope this helps to alleviate your concerns! Please don't hesitate to contact us after the 29th September (11 months from your return date) and we can check which flights have been loaded.
Old 23 Jun 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Can someone explain about the voucher?

Alternatively you can opt for a Travel Voucher, where we will hold your deposit on the booking for 12 months, this will allow you to rebook at a later date. However if you go with this option your deposit will not be refunded

I’m not planning on cancelling but just like to know my options.

If I’m unhappy with being moved to 1.15pm, I could if I want to take a voucher for the deposit I paid to be used in the next 12 months. Is the voucher like a credit note with VH to be used with them for anything like a hotel or is it for just Virgin flights?
We accepted a voucher or 'open ticket' from VA last year for travel up to 2022. We rebooked in November for this year and it was completely problem free - the new flights were approximately £250 cheaper and the refund of that amount was in our bank a few days later.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin holidays emailed us this morning to confirm our flight times and given us our VA ref so we have been able to book our seats.

LHR > MIA VS5 12.15 (2 hours 5 mins later than booked)
MIA > LHR VS6 18.40 (so only 40 mins later than originally
booked)

I will probably check this every day now , but I'm actually feeling excited now.
Old 25 Jun 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
Virgin holidays emailed us this morning to confirm our flight times and given us our VA ref so we have been able to book our seats.

LHR > MIA VS5 12.15 (2 hours 5 mins later than booked)
MIA > LHR VS6 18.40 (so only 40 mins later than originally
booked)

I will probably check this every day now , but I'm actually feeling excited now.
Exciting! When is your flight?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Exciting! When is your flight?
1st May and 22 May.
Old 20 Jul 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ak1985
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I've no idea how i stumbled across this thread but thankfully i did!

We fly out on 15th Aug 22 LHR-MIA and our 10:10 flight has also been moved to 13:15.

Very frustrating as we were planning on staying the evening and some of next day in Miami before driving up to Orlando.

I cant believe nobody was notified of this.

My mother and father in law also paid to go PE. The price to go PE on the 10:10 flight was more expensive than the 13:15 flight quite considerably but they did it so that we arrived at the same time as us. Now they're on the 13:15 flight anyway!

Like others on this thread when i spoke to VH yesterday they said they've always ran only 1 flight... ermm no you havent! Couldnt offer anything re increased PE cost and as "goodwill gesture" would give me 2 weeks to decide if i wanted a credit note or not.

I thought it was pretty poor from Virgin.
ak1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I got in touch with VH a couple of days ago to try and extend my holiday by flying out on the 14th August instead of the 16th and surprising the family to 2 nights at Universal Hard Rock hotel, they wanted £3010.15, not including the price of the hotel

They only had the later flight showing, just hope VS117 magically reappears when they get their airport slots.

Needless to say, I declined their offer and will see if the prices arent as daft at the 330 day point.