Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Jun 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anji View Post
How exciting and your flights sound a good price too!

Just chucking something else in ... try whirlpooljet.com from Niagara on the Lake.

It's a trip on the jet boats over the rapids and you will get soaked! They give you full protective clothing but you still get wet and take some clothes to change into after in the changing rooms. Huge fun and your sons will love it!
My DH and DS did the whirlpool Jetboat tour and DH also did the zip line alongside the falls (we did the maid of the mist as a family and it was brilliant!) and they had a fantastic time.

There are parts of Niagara that are a bit cheesy but we loved the falls on the Canadian side.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Just to check, I am not sure if Hornblower (Maid of Mist) is open as early as Easter. Usually end of April or first few days of May I think? Dont know if CFB intends doing it, but best check. Last time we did it the opening was delayed until about 15th May because of weather.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

We flew from Billy Bishop in Toronto to Chicago - fab experience
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anniee View Post
I will look at that.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

We did the Maid of the Mist tour and whilst it was fun & we got drenched you couldn’t actually see anything! I rather wish we’d opted for the ‘backside of water’ and walked through the caves and path at the back of the falls.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
My DH and DS did the whirlpool Jetboat tour and DH also did the zip line alongside the falls (we did the maid of the mist as a family and it was brilliant!) and they had a fantastic time.

There are parts of Niagara that are a bit cheesy but we loved the falls on the Canadian side.
Ooh the zip lines weren't there when we went, otherwise DS would have been straight on them! Had a great time on Maid of the Mist, preferring it to the walk behind the falls.

Niigara reminded of Vegas in many places! We loved the park and spent ages watching the different coloured squirrels!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anniee View Post
Unfortunately, prices are higher and in addition, after Niagara, we would have to backtrack to Toronto. In addition, there are no direct flights.
It was a good suggestion, but regrettably, will not work for us.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We now have pretty much finalised our plan with the assistance gratefully received .. here it is!
07/04 Drive up from Falmouth and spend night in Bath Rd Premier Inn (booked).
08/04. Fly into Pearson, clearing baggage reclaim by 1900.. So first night at the airport.
09/04 Get taxi or Uber into downtown Toronto for site seeing before spending night there at One King West (Booked)
10/04. Another day of site seeing and another night in Toronto.
11/04. An early mega bus to Niagara with all belongings and a day at the falls. Maid of the mist is unlikely, so a trip behind the falls and possibly a zip wire. Stay the night at the Hilton, room having ‘deluxe!’ Views of birth Canadian and Horseshoe falls. (I am rather excited about that and is booked).
12/04 Walk the rainbow bridge, clear customs and a Taxi/Uber to Buffalo int where we catch any one of dozens of 1 stop indirects to MCO (Or a direct with Frontier, who I have not yet researched). Pick up hire car.
12/04- 19/04 Staying at LBV Village resort and Spa in a 3 bedroom (booked and Trish White already contacted re block 5 and fireworks view). Start using our D.C. ultimates with Mandie Matt and Dan having Dolphin swims (I have never rated them).
19/04 To Crystal River late in day and spend night in the Best Western. (Well located and has breakfast, now booked) .
20/04 day at Crystal River, swim and Kayaking. Hopefully see some Manatees. I am curious to see if this is even better than the brilliant, rainbow river at Dunellon). Move to Hotel next to BG for the night. (Booked Hampton Inn, dead opposite Montu and with free parking as well as a walk to the gate.. and free breakfast). This came in at £64 and with free parking saving on using the BG carpark, would seem a bargain!
21/04. Full day in Busch, then drive to Hampton Inn, Sarasota (booked). This one is near to Sharky’s by the pier.
22/04 Morning at Casperson Beach, collecting Sharks Teeth as I love the place, before driving on to Naples where late afternoon spent at Delnor Wiggins State Park. Eat in Yardhouse and stay the night at the Springhill Suites (booked and with free Breakfast).
23/04. Down the Tamiami and stop for the best of the 9 airboat rides we have had in Florida, namely Buffalo Tiger. Fly home.

We now need…
Hotel at Pearson.
Megabus to Niagara.
AA or Frontier flights to MCO. (Separate thread to be started).
Car Hire.
Discovery Cove ultimates.

In summary, cheap and cheerful on some hotels (but with complimentary breakfasts), good money spent where necessary and always prioritising locations over quality, due to a tight(ish) 2 week schedule.
I am quite pleased thus far and have built in protection against cancellation throughout.

Any suggestions on these final bookings?

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your plans look fab! If you have the time a trip up the CN Tower in Toronto is awesome.

At Niagara, we prebooked the zip line for DH. It does get very very busy, so if you can get a morning time slot you might get on more swiftly. This was a real highlight!

We always stay at Inn on Fifth in Naples, the location is great and the Staff are amazing. We have had to postpone our trip twice and they were brilliant!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Your plans look fab! If you have the time a trip up the CN Tower in Toronto is awesome.

At Niagara, we prebooked the zip line for DH. It does get very very busy, so if you can get a morning time slot you might get on more swiftly. This was a real highlight!

We always stay at Inn on Fifth in Naples, the location is great and the Staff are amazing. We have had to postpone our trip twice and they were brilliant!
Like you, we were cancelled (West Coast), twice last year in March and August. We are no longer wildly optimistic on Aug 18 this year either. It is our intention to go twice in 2022 and twice in 2023 if necessary as we have held back the money and are determined to spend not a penny of it in the U.K. , as we believe that this is Bonking Boris’ dishonest intention in holding back on opening up through the summer. I despise him.

CNN tower is a must do .. as is the Zip Wire.

I will look at the Inn on fifth right now! Edit.. I have. I would never pay £655 for a single night! That is one of my return flights and some for my next vacation.

We have been unusually keen to get things booked on this one, given the clear fact that many Hotels, particularly in Florida, have either sold out on the majority of the room options.. or even completely.

We are well pleased with getting LBV Village resort and spa as we liked it last time. Normally we go for Villas, but with just 7 days in Orlando, we reverted to what we know!

Edited at 08:18 AM.