Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
To make the call that up to 30 Sep is off the table at this point is staggering given the rules are changing every week. The cynic within me thinks if travel resumes and the flights open ahead of 30 Sep the cheap booking I had will now cost twice the amount. Now the joy of fighting for a refund.
The difference though is that this was a new route that had never been flown. Everything needed setting up, but rather than setting it up and not using it, I’m guessing logistically they see it as beneficial to ‘park it’ until a time they think there might be some normality.

Others have things in place ready to pull the trigger quicker when the green light flashes.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

We are booked on DUB to MCO on 5th October. What is the current situation with this date? What are your thoughts?
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thanks for providing link to refund. Has anyone tried for refund with deposit only paid?
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

I called as soon as I knew they were cancelled today and after 90 minutes on the phone I had my CAS number and they said a refund will be with me within 7 days. Let's hope it is 7 days because I've just jumped onto Virgin and paid £30 less than my flights were with Aer Lingus (seats,luggage etc).
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Does this also affect Boston and Chicago?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
This has been in the pipeline for over a month. I had friends due to start with them in May, they had training cancelled a week before and offered new start dates for September 15th.

Though training is 6 weeks so guessing the first couple of weeks will be operated by Irish crew.

They're going through some fairly large restructuring and high losses at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out completely and try again another time.
The two training courses that are currently underway are to be completed as planned. Aer Lingus contracts will be given this week and next to the newly trained crew.
Aer Lingus reps have stated in a meeting this morning with crew that they are committed to Manchester.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
No they have gone throughout the pandemic, certainly Chicago has.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Vizeman
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Wondering this myself. Nothing to do with Disney but, we've booked Manchester to Boston via Dublin, then return New York to Manchester direct in September with Aer Lingus.
1991 MIC Lakefront International Drive - Clearwater Hilton, 1993 Altamonte Springs - Clearwater, 1996 Villa, 2000 Villa - Villa New Port Richey, 2003 Villa Indian Ridge, 2005 Villa Autumn Creek, 2007 Villa Autumn Creek (again!), 2011 Villa Autumn Creek (again!) - Keys & Gulf Coast, 2015 Condo Kissimmee, 2016 Villa Autumn Creek Circle (again!)

Edited at 05:39 PM.
Vizeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
The two training courses that are currently underway are to be completed as planned. Aer Lingus contracts will be given this week and next to the newly trained crew.
Aer Lingus reps have stated in a meeting this morning with crew that they are committed to Manchester.
That's good to know! I know they managed to get some Senior Crew courses on the go before postponing the other cabin cree courses. I'm sure it will be a success once it takes off, Manchester really needs some competition.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
That's good to know! I know they managed to get some Senior Crew courses on the go before postponing the other cabin cree courses. I'm sure it will be a success once it takes off, Manchester really needs some competition.
They have customers like us waiting.