Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jun 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

Booking direct with Disney

We are thinking about booking hotel and tickets direct with Disney - does anyone know what they have been like in regards to refunds due to covid?

Thank you in advance
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I had a DLP booking last year, full refund of the deposit (I cancelled at balance due, not long after the first closure was announced) without any issues. They've also been excellent in the past when I've cancelled WDW bookings for personal reasons.

I don't remember seeing any complaints on here about their Covid refunds either.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

This is really reassuring…. Thank you so much!
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

I would only book direct. We've cancelled, been refunded, rebooked, moved and delayed payment so many times I've lost count. We originally booked in 2019 for the 2020 free dining and $200 gift card with extra $100 for booking early. I've still got the extra $100 gift card through all of this even though the current free nights and $200 doesn't include it for this September. I know its not much and we have lost the free dining but have never been out of pocket for any change or cancellation. I have the free nights which covers most of the loss of the free dining for just the 2 of us so am not grumbling. Just hope we can get there this September.

Looking at my latest receipt it's at revision 6. For us they have been excellent.

I also don't mind listening to the haunted mansion music when on hold but don't let that be widely known! ☺

Edited at 09:32 AM.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We booked for next year but have cancelled because the dining credit offer doesn’t work well at all for our family in comparison to the DDP.

I emailed Disney. They got back to me within a week and the money was in my account the day after they sent their email. They were excellent.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I'm also interested in what the policy is for later this year/next year. We booked in January for this July and could cancel or amend until 7 days before and get a full refund but this was for stays up until the end of August. Have now cancelled and looking at Xmas but still trying to keep things as cancellable as possible until close to the trip.
Old 29 Jun 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
I'm also interested in what the policy is for later this year/next year. We booked in January for this July and could cancel or amend until 7 days before and get a full refund but this was for stays up until the end of August. Have now cancelled and looking at Xmas but still trying to keep things as cancellable as possible until close to the trip.
The terms and conditions attached to my booking for February 2022 are the same as you've stated above Orlando 2004
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaft88 View Post
The terms and conditions attached to my booking for February 2022 are the same as you've stated above Orlando 2004
But was the free cancellation only for bookings up till August 2021? If we book for Xmas what would the cancellation charges be?
Old 30 Jun 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

But was the free cancellation only for bookings up till August 2021? If we book for Xmas what would the cancellation charges be?
I've looked this morning and think we could cancel up to 7 days before with loss of deposit so £50 per person? Am I correct in thinking this?
Also if I booked for just 1 person then added the other 2 on last minute to minimise any cancellation charges would I be charged £50 amendment and how late could I leave it to do this? I thought amendments used to be free if increasing the value of the holiday but couldn't see this mentioned.
Old 30 Jun 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I've looked this morning and think we could cancel up to 7 days before with loss of deposit so £50 per person? Am I correct in thinking this?
Also if I booked for just 1 person then added the other 2 on last minute to minimise any cancellation charges would I be charged £50 amendment and how late could I leave it to do this? I thought amendments used to be free if increasing the value of the holiday but couldn't see this mentioned.
At the moment all amendments are free, which may be why there's no mention of it. But yes, it's always been that if your total price goes up, you don't pay the fee.

You'll want to add the other people on by the time you'd want to make your park reservations though. I wouldn't leave it right until the week before unless you're not too bothered which parks you can get into on which days.

Edited at 10:08 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List