Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Any booked next year with VH ex Glasgow?

Hi. Is anyone booked next year with Virgin Holidays flying direct from Glasgow? If so, just wondering what days your flights are? At the moment if looks like VA has confirmed flight days that don’t equal a 14 day hol. Many thanks!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It seems the flight days are the same as this years were - out Wednesday & Saturday and back Tuesday and Friday. So you need to do either 13, 16 or 17 nights with VA.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It seems the flight days are the same as this years were - out Wednesday & Saturday and back Tuesday and Friday. So you need to do either 13, 16 or 17 nights with VA.
Thanks. I was hoping they might have changed for next year - it does seem weird their flights don’t support 14 day package holidays through VH.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

We haven't booked yet but planning on 16 nights. Wednesday 27th April till Friday the 13th May.

On Virgin Atlantic the economy classic flights are about £680 each just now so will watch for a while and hope they go down. If the Fly Drive price on Virgin Holidays website drops we will book that to pay with a deposit.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Thanks. I was hoping they might have changed for next year - it does seem weird their flights don’t support 14 day package holidays through VH.
I know it’s quite frustrating. Getting those extra days of work isn’t easy and I refuse to compromise with a 13 night holiday. It may have to be indirect until they change back.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
We haven't booked yet but planning on 16 nights. Wednesday 27th April till Friday the 13th May.

On Virgin Atlantic the economy classic flights are about £680 each just now so will watch for a while and hope they go down. If the Fly Drive price on Virgin Holidays website drops we will book that to pay with a deposit.
We’re stuck to school hols, so we’re looking at our usual July dates. No idea what price that will be 😳

Hope you manage to get a decent price!
Old 20 Jun 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

I know it’s quite frustrating. Getting those extra days of work isn’t easy and I refuse to compromise with a 13 night holiday. It may have to be indirect until they change back.
I agree, 13 days is too tight for us too. We’ve only ever flown Virgin directly, but might need to look elsewhere for next year.
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

We usually fly with VA from Glasgow , but next year we will have to look at indirect from Edinburgh.
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by kzrr02 View Post
We usually fly with VA from Glasgow , but next year we will have to look at indirect from Edinburgh.
Who would you fly with?
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Who would you fly with?
We’ve done BA and Aer Lingus and several years ago Continental who are now United.

Trip Report Index