Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jun 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Viola13
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Conarado Springs

Hi, have book Cironado Springs hotel for next April. Have always stayed in POR but as its not open have opted for CS. Would anyone be able to answer a few questions please?

Just reading about Destino Tower, is this part of CS or is that booked separately?

It may be too obvious, but is bus stop one the first stop? Is casitas a good place to request?

POR drinks filling station is in the main building, are there specific places at CS for this as I'm not sure looking for the map?

Thank you
Viola13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Gran Destino is part of CSR, but a separate room category. If you've booked a standard room, you will be in one of the older areas.

Casitas 1-3 are preferred, so you are unlikely to be placed there on a standard booking. But you can request Casitas 4 or 5. I would recommend Casitas 4 as it's the closest to the bus stop but 5 is still good. Casitas is the first bus stop on the parks bus loop - this is labelled as bus stop 2. The Disney Springs bus is the only one that goes to bus stop 1 first. Definitely recommend Casitas though. Lovely buildings and being first on (and off!) the bus is fab.

I always used the drinks filling station in Cafe Rix as I was generally passing through the lobby for something anyway and it was slightly quicker than going into the main QS behind. I can't remember if there were any closer to the outer buildings as I didn't use the mugs that much, but I'd say there's probably one by the main pool.

Edited at 09:02 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Viola13

Thank you very much. Only used to POR but looking forward to a change. 🙂
Viola13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You're welcome. It's a beautiful resort, my favourite on property.

The only reason I'm not staying there next trip is I couldn't justify the moderate price tag for a solo trip. But if I can convince my friend to join me, I'll be upgrading for sure.

Edited at 09:21 PM.
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m in the same boat, OP. Always stayed at POFQ, but have booked CSR as the PO resorts are still closed. Looking for all tips that I can get, so this is really useful 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Viola13

It has been a great help loldis 🙂

Leia77, me too, spent hours today looking this up but sometimes you need the great help from the great people on here like loldis 🙂
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Viola13 View Post
It has been a great help loldis 🙂

Leia77, me too, spent hours today looking this up but sometimes you need the great help from the great people on here like loldis 🙂
Absolutely! Can’t beat the advice and support on here.

I think POFQ might be open by the time we go, and we may well switch. But, CSR looks lovely so I am now in two minds - I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time there 😁.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Viola13

I know what you mean. I know what we are used to but do fancy a change and it looks fab. Just hope we can go by then as will be gutted if I have to delay it after all this time.
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Absolutely! Can’t beat the advice and support on here.

I think POFQ might be open by the time we go, and we may well switch. But, CSR looks lovely so I am now in two minds - I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time there 😁.
I'm expecting POFQ to be quite a bit more expensive. Did some calcs based on the current rack rates in another thread and won't be surprised if it's £450-500 more for the standard two week holiday.

CSR would be my pick of the moderates even if they were all the same price but especially given the difference, I'd rather spend that on merch or food/experiences.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Viola13

All the things I have seen today look fab and now I am in full planning mode 😂