Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Current offer and booking modifications

Hi all!

We are thinking of booking through WDTC for our August 2022 trip to be able to have the current offer. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with modifications to the booking after the offer has ended, would they still keep the offer in the booking? I.e if after flights are out we change to less days ? (We want to rent Dvc points for a couple days)

Thanks!
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

I’ve been looking at next August too.
Cheapest was AoA at £7000 for 10 nights!
Most expensive was £33,000 😱 for a Deluxe. Coronado Springs was something bonkers like £10000.
There was very little choice, probably due to people moving this year’s bookings, 7 resorts I think, all at insane prices.
I was interested in the Galaxies edge package but the is No availability for CBR as per the package.
Is there a reason why the Port Orleans resorts aren’t showing for any dates at all next year?
Back to your question, Disney are normally very good at accomodating changes.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
Most expensive was £33,000 😱 for a Deluxe. Coronado Springs was something bonkers like £10000.
There was very little choice, probably due to people moving this year’s bookings, 7 resorts I think, all at insane prices.
I was interested in the Galaxies edge package but the is No availability for CBR as per the package.
Is there a reason why the Port Orleans resorts aren’t showing for any dates at all next year?
There hasn’t been a reopening date given for either of the Port Orleans resorts yet, that’s why they are unavailable to book.
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Yes, if you make changes you'll keep your original offer, provided the dates still fall within the period that the offer covers. If the price stays the same or goes down, there's usually a £50 one off amendment fee per booking, not per person.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Are you including all your flights in those numbers?
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

No flights, no park tickets but 2 rooms as it would be 4 adults, 3 kids, youngest Grandson would be in our room.
I’ve just got a vpn for getting on the USA site, still very little availability but prices were better, $209 a night per room for AoA in late August and $320 for Coronado, which is what we paid per night for the Contemporary back in 2017.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I’m 99% sure you’re searching for 7 people in 1 room? Hence only the resorts are coming up that have suites to accommodate that many people, and obviously those suites have always been mega expensive.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

No flights, no park tickets but 2 rooms as it would be 4 adults, 3 kids, youngest Grandson would be in our room.
I’ve just got a vpn for getting on the USA site, still very little availability but prices were better, $209 a night per room for AoA in late August and $320 for Coronado, which is what we paid per night for the Contemporary back in 2017.
As Softy mentioned your results do not look correct. The prices are nothing like what you have mentioned at end of August and there is reasonable availability. Even doubling up for two rooms, AoA would not be £7000 for ten nights.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

Ah that makes sense, you would think it would give 2 rooms.
On the US site I searched for 2 adults/2 kids and there was still very little availability for late August 22.
Old 24 Jun 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I amend all the time, it's fine.

As mentioned above, you will keep all perks of the current offer if you amend at a later date as long as what you are amending to was also eligible for the offer at the time of booking.

The main exception would be if you change tier of resorts, e.g. if you are booked into moderate and amend down to value, you will only receive the value level dining credits and would lose the gift basket.

There would normally be an amendment fee of £50 unless your total booking value goes up, but I believe this is being waived at the moment.

Ah that makes sense, you would think it would give 2 rooms.
On the US site I searched for 2 adults/2 kids and there was still very little availability for late August 22.
US site may not have released their rooms for next summer yet, they do not work as far in advance as we do.

Edited at 11:54 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List