Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

What have I forgotten!

Hey everyone!

3 weeks today until our wedding and I am finally bursting with excitement for our big day!

I think we are pretty much sorted with everything, I have a few little crafty bits still to make… but I wanted to hear your views, was there anything you’d forgotten to take with you/wish you’d had either for getting ready or for the day?

I’m also staying in the cottage at the venue the night before with my mum and bridesmaid. I’ve already ordered us some cute dressing gowns for getting ready, but I was thinking of putting a little hamper together for the evening/morning of the wedding… any suggestions?

😍😍
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

No advice but I’m very excited for you
So pleased it’s all going ahead, it’s going to be a truly wonderful day 🥂🍾💝💝
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Ohhhh Have you got a day before and day after outfit?

I’m extra and need to plan these kind of things 😅 Jimmy choo normally makes an appearance.

Will you take a day after bag for hubby? This is something I would have to do otherwise it would worry me that he’d forget to bring it.

Sunglasses
Suncream

Wedding day perfume?
Old 24 Jun 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Don’t forget money, cash or cards. I know it’s obvious but when we got married we stayed in a lovely country hotel for two nights straight after the wedding night. Let’s be honest the bride and groom don’t carry money on their wedding day. We were so loved up we forgot all our cash and credit cards. We spent two nights living off of free breakfast and love hahaha 🤪 we lost half a stone each by the end of it 🤣

Edited at 11:18 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Things I wish I had taken were tissues (I got quite emotional during my dads speech when he was saying how proud my mum would have been) and blister plasters (my shoes were killing me!). After the day reception I went up to our suite to take off my veil and freshen up so reapplied my deodorant and perfume and touched up my makeup.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Don't forget a fancy (or even a nice) knife to cut your cake if you have one.

Back in 1993 we realised just before the photos were going to be taken that we forgot. My aunt dashed home & came back with her bread knife

It really doesn't notice in the photos but is a funny memory.
Old 25 Jun 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Ohhhh Have you got a day before and day after outfit?

I’m extra and need to plan these kind of things 😅 Jimmy choo normally makes an appearance.

Will you take a day after bag for hubby? This is something I would have to do otherwise it would worry me that he’d forget to bring it.

Sunglasses
Suncream

Wedding day perfume?
I definitely need to add sunglasses to the list, that’s a great shout!

I also need to decide between two perfumes for my wedding day perfume. I was wearing a Jo Malone perfume on our first date so I’m thinking I should go with that… or something completely new so it only reminds me of our wedding day?
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Things I wish I had taken were tissues (I got quite emotional during my dads speech when he was saying how proud my mum would have been) and blister plasters (my shoes were killing me!). After the day reception I went up to our suite to take off my veil and freshen up so reapplied my deodorant and perfume and touched up my makeup.
Blister plasters is an excellent one. I am soo out of practice wearing heels thanks to lockdown and working from home 🤦🏻😂
Old 25 Jun 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
Don't forget a fancy (or even a nice) knife to cut your cake if you have one.

Back in 1993 we realised just before the photos were going to be taken that we forgot. My aunt dashed home & came back with her bread knife

It really doesn't notice in the photos but is a funny memory.
😂😂 That’s brilliant. We’re both serving in the RAF so we have the sword my parents bought me when I commissioned to cut the cake with 😍 we’re not having an overly military wedding - just a guard of honour and using the sword for the cake - but it was important to us to have a couple of those touches throughout the day.
Old 25 Jun 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
😂😂 That’s brilliant. We’re both serving in the RAF so we have the sword my parents bought me when I commissioned to cut the cake with 😍 we’re not having an overly military wedding - just a guard of honour and using the sword for the cake - but it was important to us to have a couple of those touches throughout the day.
What? You're telling me you haven't organised a fly over?

Xx