Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Flight only!

We currently have just flights arranged with TUI.
We will 100% go if we can however they are booked for 25th may... so very close to the 17th!

We can only go in October half term if this holiday doesn't come off. We can't even arrange for next Yr due to 2 of our girls sitting GCSE's and TUI don't fly in October (and I'm not booking a package with them).

I emailed asking if we could use money and buy disney tickets as opposed to them losing the money altogether if the flight doesnt go ahead as we won't be rebooking with TUI, no answer as yet and I don't even know if that's possible!

I'm so worried that we will be left wondering if its gonna go ahead until literally the last min!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

If the flight is cancelled you are entitled to a refund
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
We currently have just flights arranged with TUI.
We will 100% go if we can however they are booked for 25th may... so very close to the 17th!

We can only go in October half term if this holiday doesn't come off. We can't even arrange for next Yr due to 2 of our girls sitting GCSE's and TUI don't fly in October (and I'm not booking a package with them).

I emailed asking if we could use money and buy disney tickets as opposed to them losing the money altogether if the flight doesnt go ahead as we won't be rebooking with TUI, no answer as yet and I don't even know if that's possible!

I'm so worried that we will be left wondering if its gonna go ahead until literally the last min!
I really dont think it's the UK opening that you have to worry about, the main issue is whether the US opens up. There is no evidence yet that the US is opening its borders even though the UK has a road map.

There is also no sign yet as to which countries will open to the UK for foreign travel and that is dependant on virus levels.

So many variables still
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Yeah I'm very aware this flight may not go ahead which is why I'd rather do something about it now ...just wondering what the chances are of TUI letting me use the money for disney tickets instead. I mean really it's within their interest as if it doesn't go ahead and they don't allow me to do that, they will have to refund me and I won't be rebooking with them

I just want to get sorted, so frustrating!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Where were you flying from? As examples TUI are flying October this year from Gatwick, Manchester and Glasgow for example.
Next year you would be flying into Melbourne airport and they are flying in October. Sanford will not be used in 2022.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Like PPM says, TUI do fly in October this year. I’ve been looking from Manchester and TUI go right up to the middle of November.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Our flight was an incredible deal from Newcastle, and I did see they fly MAN but the price is crazy! ... compared to other quotes we have
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I think you would be better off taking the refund (assuming flight is cancelled) and then you can buy Disney tickets with a Florida ticket supplier like ATD and get the protection insurance in case you can’t go October 2021. Either way cash in your pocket has got to be the best option as then you have the freedom to book with whoever once we all have a clearer idea of when travel will resume
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List