Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Feb 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
You have to be actively eating or drinking to remove the mask from what I’ve read so unless you sit holding the glass the entire time then I’d assume you can’t just take it off once the drinks arrive. More remove if each time you take a sip or are eating your meal?

Would certainly put me off booking an expensive Disney restaurant but that’s ok because there’s plenty more restaurants off site where I wouldn’t have to sit wearing a mask.

I don’t necessarily think this will stay in place indefinitely, once people are vaccinated (by end of July in the US) then I expect the mask rules to change. I think by August Disney will look better than it does now or they will be losing a lot of visitors. I can’t see fully vaccinated Americans still wanting to wear masks.

Certainly won’t be panic cancelling our holiday just yet.
Ohhh I read elsewhere that it was a case of taking it off once your drinks were served and keeping it off while you were having your meal. Not having to put it back on everytime you had had a sip of a drink 🤔
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
..No not when seated
Thanks couldn’t remember
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Honestly, not a big deal to me, we already do that where I am. Masks on at restaurants until drinks/food arrives, masks back on as soon as done eating. And masks if I'm leaving the table at any time (e.g. to find the server or to the washroom etc).
Old 27 Feb 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Honestly, not a big deal to me, we already do that where I am. Masks on at restaurants until drinks/food arrives, masks back on as soon as done eating. And masks if I'm leaving the table at any time (e.g. to find the server or to the washroom etc).
This issue for me is what exactly are the rules? If it’s keep your mask on until food or drinks arrive then back on when you finish eating and drinking then fair enough. If it’s mask on unless actively eating or drinking - as in off for a sip or bite then back on - then I don’t think it’s reasonable.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Closing another loophole I guess! The messaging from Disney seems to be pretty clear that they're not relaxing the policy at this point in time and to only plan a trip if you're OK with complying. On a personal note I don't plan to go while the current mask policy is in force but if I was this change wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, the restaurants there are all air conditioned anyway and it's not that much extra time wearing one.
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Ohhh I read elsewhere that it was a case of taking it off once your drinks were served and keeping it off while you were having your meal. Not having to put it back on everytime you had had a sip of a drink 🤔
According to KTP this is what the Disney website says;

“face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas and can only be removed while actively eating or drinking. Face coverings must be worn while standing, waiting, or sitting in dining locations.”
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
According to KTP this is what the Disney website says;

“face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas and can only be removed while actively eating or drinking. Face coverings must be worn while standing, waiting, or sitting in dining locations.”
I still would presume this to be once your drink and meal comes, off it comes. Will be interesting to see how the local vloggers react to it.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kaiser7
Excited about Disney

As ridiculous as it is, this is the same company who make you wear a mask whilst walking around outside, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Still, their property their rules I guess.
kaiser7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Not sure why people on here are getting so worried as it is still three months at least until anyone can travel.

We've seen over here how much things will change over the next three months. I take this as a positive, they are reducing the risks now to enable them to get back to near normal as soon as they can.

I'd be more concerned if they started to relax the rules before the US has caught up with our our vaccination rates and improved transmission stats.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
I still would presume this to be once your drink and meal comes, off it comes. Will be interesting to see how the local vloggers react to it.
Yea they do say it’s unclear so I’d imagine disney will be clarifying soon. As I said earlier I’m not concerned as I do think a lot will change come summer.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List