Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Yes they do charge to allocate seats which is rubbish. I think the price I got with VH is good as it’s under £5000. Husband wants to wait to book as he wants things in the USA to be better before we commit. I’m far too impatient, but will wait and see when or if they do their usual 10% off. Yes it is difficult to decide what to do as I think when Boris announces that international travel can resume again in May, people will flock like they did earlier this week and I think prices may increase. He will announce this on 12th April so I really want to get booked up before then!

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
They charge to allocate seats too don't they? I think the VH price I got is actually pretty good. Not sure whether to go for it or wait and risk prices going up. Hard to know what to do. Are you going to wait or book?
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
Yes they do charge to allocate seats which is rubbish. I think the price I got with VH is good as it’s under £5000. Husband wants to wait to book as he wants things in the USA to be better before we commit. I’m far too impatient, but will wait and see when or if they do their usual 10% off. Yes it is difficult to decide what to do as I think when Boris announces that international travel can resume again in May, people will flock like they did earlier this week and I think prices may increase. He will announce this on 12th April so I really want to get booked up before then!
I feel the same way. Would rather just book and know that we've secured them even if they do come down a bit I won't care! Was that for Upper that price?
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

I know what you mean. It’s nice to have something booked up! But then I know once I book I’ll keep looking and kick myself if the prices come out cheaper. I will certainly blame the DH if the prices go up! No that price is for Economy, 2 adults and 2 kids with hotel and car. Wish we could afford to do upper, but I don’t even have enough flying club miles to do that for all 4 of us. 😪

I feel the same way. Would rather just book and know that we've secured them even if they do come down a bit I won't care! Was that for Upper that price?
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Because I had nothing better to do a few nights ago I thought I'd investigate flight costs for Spring 2021. Obviously VS and BA flights are months away from being published at the minute so I thought I'd have a look at Virgin fly drives which are available now.

Just out of interest our recent factual experience is of BA PE for two at around £1,800. The two lost flights last November and next April together with the ones we've booked for next November are all within £50 of that sum. Typical car hire for 4 weeks around £800 so about £2,600 is a good DIY flight and car hire target for us.

VS fly drive for two PE including adding the car insurances obviously was around £4,500

Think I'll wait for the flights to be released and book the car with Andy as usual.

Mick
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mick do you think I should wait until flights are released in June to book for May 22 or should I take the plunge and book now as it’s under £5000? I just don’t know what to do and you have such expertise!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Because I had nothing better to do a few nights ago I thought I'd investigate flight costs for Spring 2021. Obviously VS and BA flights are months away from being published at the minute so I thought I'd have a look at Virgin fly drives which are available now.

Just out of interest our recent factual experience is of BA PE for two at around £1,800. The two lost flights last November and next April together with the ones we've booked for next November are all within £50 of that sum. Typical car hire for 4 weeks around £800 so about £2,600 is a good DIY flight and car hire target for us.

VS fly drive for two PE including adding the car insurances obviously was around £4,500

Think I'll wait for the flights to be released and book the car with Andy as usual.

Mick
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mick do you think I should wait until flights are released in June to book for May 22 or should I take the plunge and book now as it’s under £5000? I just don’t know what to do and you have such expertise!
Sorry Aarti but I've never booked a package holiday with Virgin and not with anyone at all since we first went in 1990. I only really have experience of booking flights, car hire and villa separately.

The £4.5k I quoted was for flight and car only. No accommodation and just for two. I assume you only need to pay a a deposit as well?

If I were you though I'd create a new thread under planning "Is £5k OK for flights, car and hotel for us?" and you should get more experienced responses.

Mick

Edited at 07:20 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I think if you’re happy with that price do it, if it’s a package you only pay a deposit anyway
BA are usually best on price, well they have been for us anyway
Good luck
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Ahhhh thank you! Yes it will be deposit only at this stage. I’ve had my BA deposit refunded back to me now. The £4,700 covers, flights, hotels, car and gold insurance which I think is good.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry Aarti but I've never booked a package holiday with Virgin and not with anyone at all since we first went in 1990. I only really have experience of booking flights, car hire and villa separately.

The £4.5k I quoted was for flight and car only. No accommodation and just for two. I assume you only need to pay a a deposit as well? Your quote sounds a reasonable deal to me.

If I were you though I'd create a new thread under planning "Is £5k OK for flights, car and hotel for us?" and you should get more experienced responses.

Mick
Old 28 Feb 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I think that's a good price too. Which hotel is that staying in?
Old 28 Feb 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Universals Cabana Bay. We love it there and is perfect for the kids!

I think that's a good price too. Which hotel is that staying in?