Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Dx tbh I don't believe a word he says! I'm sure the DT went his own way on a lot of things but this guy was advising him, it beggar's belief that the new regime has retained him especially when he has admitted that he's been telling porkies from the start! Since vaccines have first been talked about,they have been seen as "the only way out" of this but now we are to believe that:
-it doesn't stop you getting it
-doesn't stop you spreading it
-still to wear masks
-still to socially distance...

No wonder some people are thinking, what's the point in getting it then !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Possible it will be Greece again for us this year (rules permitting) and 2022 for Disney World (if they do free DDP) or California if not.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Dx tbh I don't believe a word he says! I'm sure the DT went his own way on a lot of things but this guy was advising him, it beggar's belief that the new regime has retained him especially when he has admitted that he's been telling porkies from the start! Since vaccines have first been talked about,they have been seen as "the only way out" of this but now we are to believe that:
-it doesn't stop you getting it
-doesn't stop you spreading it
-still to wear masks
-still to socially distance...

No wonder some people are thinking, what's the point in getting it then !
SD
I have to be honest - I am not a scientists basher - but Fauci is one I struggle to just blindly accept what comes out of his mouth. He clearly has issues in front of the camera and seems naive in regards to the media .

The final straw I had with him was when criticised the UK for approving the vaccine "too quickly" and he had to row back from that 24 hours later when he realised the huge damage he was doing just for the sake of stopping his "side" looking bad. Extremely naive.

He still says things like "you can spread it" etc when we KNOW the vaccines reduce transmission by around 2/3rds (possibly more will be confirmed). I could of told you this in March as its basic science to do with viral load - but it needed proving of course.

I don't sign up to spreading misinformation to control the message. Our boys have done it at times - but Fauci has done it to a point I just scream foul now.

Edited at 02:03 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Anthony Fauci is one of the most respected scientists in the world. The post above is laughable - I’m guessing a Trump supporter😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Moorland have you been watching his brother? coz the one I've been watching:
-Don't need masks
-Herd immunity at 70%-75% then it was 80-85 then it was 90-95
-In Dec he stated Herd immunity by fall & normality by the end of 2021- he now says masks into 2022
He may well be a much respected world renowned Scientist but that doesn't mean he is the oracle on Covid.
Not a DT fan by any means & after his election I said to some US friends "Be careful what you wish for.." but when you have a load of people voting for a guy just because he's not DT, & not a lot to do with his stances/policies, then IMO it's a recipe for disaster! I mean look at us Boris or Jeremy!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Anthony Fauci is one of the most respected scientists in the world. The post above is laughable - I’m guessing a Trump supporter😀
Not at all - I am not questioning the scientists inside of him - I am questioning his media / messaging and political approach. There is a difference.

Edited at 02:41 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

His credentials as a scientist and a premiere expert in virology and immunology is impeccable.
His role as a spin doctor is suspect and clearly causes him personal discomfort.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

What's the point of the continued mask wearing if by July/August 90%+ of people have had the vaccine?
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
His credentials as a scientist and a premiere expert in virology and immunology is impeccable.
His role as a spin doctor is suspect and clearly causes him personal discomfort.
Would totally agree with this. That is what I am basically saying
Old 26 Feb 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
What's the point of the continued mask wearing if by July/August 90%+ of people have had the vaccine?
The concern here are the variants.
Has the government in the UK indicated that you can do without masks when all of your population are vaccinated? I haven’t heard and I’m genuinely interested. If so, great.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List