Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
As a general rule, Americans don't pay much attention to whatever other countries are doing, when it comes to social issues. Sad, but true.

Biden is rolling out a huge "wear a mask" campaign soon in the media. Masks aren't going away here any time soon, in my opinion, but hey, I am just guessing like everyone else based on what I know. Maybe by Christmas there will be some easing down of masks? But I dunno. Not seeing it.
Yeah this was made political.

For me Biden making people wear masks any longer than sensible is just as bad as Trump not telling people to wear then when it was sensible.

Both will happen probably

I think though he will have to relax it once the likes of the UK opens up. .
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Bronny,

There was a florida statewide mandate for masks, it was the only way they were allowed to reopen, it wasn’t Disney’s choice re wearing of masks. Remember the facts. This is not the case now, nevermind this summer.

There was also 16k cases reported a day when it reopened, now it’s around 7k and it’s on the decline and will continue as the vaccine is rolled out over the next few months.

When more data is known about how much the vaccines cuts transmission then the quicker restrictions can be lifted. The early data is good up to 2/3 reduction from asymptomatic cases.

Remember this info has not been taken into consideration with decisions that are being made now. More positive info on this backed up by the science will quickly change policies going forward to help economy and jobs.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Yeah this was made political.

For me Biden making people wear masks any longer than sensible is just as bad as Trump not telling people to wear then when it was sensible.

Both will happen probably

I think though he will have to relax it once the likes of the UK opens up. .
Right. But what I'm saying is that relatively few people in this country are paying much attention to whether or not the UK opens up or not. The average Yank isn't sitting in front of our TV saying, 'Oooh the Brits are going maskless and look pretty free now, why can't we?' We just don't think that way as a collective; it simply doesn't matter to the average person what ya'll are doing. Biden is 100% doubling down for masks as a policy, and I think the overwhelming number of people over here are OK with that for at least the rest of 2021.
Edited to add and to keep this on topic: Wearing masks is really hard for little kids and older people and lots of other people in between in the Florida heat and humidity. But it's doable if you really want to go to WDW. Not pleasant, but doable.

Edited at 02:39 PM.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SunnySideDown View Post
If the vaccine is as successful as expected, I don't see how these restrictions cannot be lifted. Why would they keep them if hardly anybody is getting ill or dying? Doesn't make any sense to me. Same with domestic covid passports. Surely herd immunity will be reached easily before the summer to prevent any of this?
In a word: variants.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

In a word: variants.
We will always get them, the UK alone has seen 4 or more different types in the last few months.
If they continue on this path then, we have seen the last fire works display at Disney, DDP are a thing of the past, parades and meets are done with.
Masks are here to stay along with social distancing.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
We will always get them, the UK alone has seen 4 or more different types in the last few months.
If they continue on this path then, we have seen the last fire works display at Disney, DDP are a thing of the past, parades and meets are done with.
Masks are here to stay along with social distancing.
I hate masks. I really don’t want to go to any theme park wearing a mask. We have a really nice Busch Gardens here in Virginia that I’d love to go back to but I’m just going to wait it out. Hopefully next year will be better.
I hope everyone who hopes to get to Disney this year will be able to come. ♥️ I do feel that fireworks will return soon!
Old 27 Feb 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Right. But what I'm saying is that relatively few people in this country are paying much attention to whether or not the UK opens up or not. The average Yank isn't sitting in front of our TV saying, 'Oooh the Brits are going maskless and look pretty free now, why can't we?' We just don't think that way as a collective; it simply doesn't matter to the average person what ya'll are doing. Biden is 100% doubling down for masks as a policy, and I think the overwhelming number of people over here are OK with that for at least the rest of 2021.
Edited to add and to keep this on topic: Wearing masks is really hard for little kids and older people and lots of other people in between in the Florida heat and humidity. But it's doable if you really want to go to WDW. Not pleasant, but doable.
I respect your opinion but I disagree. Come June and July if the UK is open and the USA is closed I think they will notice and it will cause problems. Fox will be all over for a start.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Ah I misunderstood - you compared staying here with no restrictions to going there with restrictions - with or without masks there is no Disney here to make that comparison.
We have plenty of fun attractions and theme parks.
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Masks to be worn when dining in Disney now, at tables.
When not physically eating or drinking masks required back on.

Same rule here in Spain so I'm not really surprised Disney are enforcing this.
Said to be until end of year.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
Masks to be worn when dining in Disney now, at tables.
When not physically eating or drinking masks required back on.

Same rule here in Spain so I'm not really surprised Disney are enforcing this.
Said to be until end of year.
That sounds awful, I can't see that lasting all year
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List