Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 27 Feb 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

We did the laser tag last year- I was sceptical but it was really good fun and well organised.

We ate at pancake house (too much food for us) and Hucks. Both fine- I think we'll give the sports cafe a go next time.

We have a short trip booked for May- I am very optimistic that the pool should be open. Fingers crossed!
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Hucks, the Indian is fantastic too. Other than those two its the pancake house for us.
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My oldest (7 at the time) did the mermaid swimming activity and really enjoyed it, included an underwater photo too
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Trainee Dibber

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
Starting to let myself get excited about our summer center parcs week away. We were lucky enough to have managed a trip there in summer 2020 as well while restrictions had lifted.

We've eaten at cafe rouge, pancake house and bella italia at center parcs and always seem to stick to those 3 every time we go. Anyone recommend anywhere different?
Pancake house and Bella Italia at Sherwood for us, did think much of Rajinda Pradesh, food expensive for what it is. If we fancy a takeaway we call a local takeaway and get it delivered to the security hut then just pick it up!

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

We visited Whinfell last year in March just before everything happened.

We eat at Hucks, Rajinda Pradesh, Bella Italia, Cafe Rouge and the Sports Bar.

Hucks was better than previous visits, the food was hotter and better presented, and I enjoyed the cocktail that had red, white and blue ice cubes.

We eat the set meal at Rajinda Pradesh, it is more expensive than a local Indian but for the amount of food we thought it was worth the money and the service was very attentive.

Bella Italia was fine, we don't tend to eat there at home as there isn't one close by so it made a nice change.

The croque monsieur was delicious at Cafe Rouge, it had caramelised onions which made it sweet, and the sandwich and chips at the sports bar was reasonably priced for a quick lunch.

For those who went last year after lockdown did you find the limited pool access a problem?

I'd like to visit center parcs this year but am a little put off by the 2 2hr trips limit for 3/4 nights breaks. We normally go every day for a good 3-4hrs and sometimes go morning then back at night for outdoor swimming in the dark.

Edited at 09:13 PM.
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chipndalefan View Post
We visited Whinfell last year in March just before everything happened.

We eat at Hucks, Rajinda Pradesh, Bella Italia, Cafe Rouge and the sports bar.

Hucks was better than previous visits, the food was hotter and better presented, and I enjoyed the cocktail that had red, white and blue ice cubes.

We eat the set meal at Rajinda Pradesh, it is more expensive than a local Indian but for the amount of food we thought it was worth the money and the service was very arttentive.

Bella Italia was fine, we don't tend to eat there at home as there isn't one close by sk it made a nice change.

The croque monsieur was delicious at Cafe Rouge, it had caramelised onions which made it sweet, and the sandwich and chips on the sports bar was reasonably priced for a quick lunch.

For those who went last year after lockdown did you find the limited pool access a problem?

I'd like to visit center parcs this year but am a little put off by the 2 2hr trips limit for 3/4 nights breaks. We normally go every day for a good 3-4hrs and sometimes go morning then back at night for outdoor swimming in the dark.
We went in July last year and I thought the 2 scheduled pool slots would be a bit of a problem but in actual fact we preferred it! Probably for 2 reasons; firstly, we over compensated for the lack of pool time by booking a couple more activities and secondly we loved that it was quiet in the pool and a much nicer experience. We didn't feel like we missed out at all. We've booked for 7 nights this year so I think we get 4 slots (if restrictions are still in place by August)
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List